Answered

Is it possible for typeform to do a cost calculation?

• 2 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi

Is it possible for Typeform to provide a calculation for a customer from a question?

E.g.

How many cars do you own?

Answer : 10

our calculation for the Customer: The cost of servicing 10 cars = £1000 (£100 per car)

(therefore, at the back end, we have a simple metric of Answer x 100 = £)

icon

Best answer by ryan.terry 2 February 2021, 18:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey Markymark!

Yep, you can do this in the advanced logic settings under “branching and calculations.” 

I made a quick demo to show you how to set the logic - > HERE

Essentially, you’ll set up the logic to do this:

• ADD # of cars to @price
  • Multiply @price by 100 (if the cost is $100 per car) 

This will begin tallying the cost under the @price variable which is added automatically when a payment question is added to the form. You can always recall info from a previous question or from your price variable to personalize the form for that particular user. Here’s more on recalling information.

Hope this helps!

thanks Ryan, this is fab!

Do any of the community build basic surveys for a fee? (if I draft the questions and the order)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Glad you found it useful, markymark! We have a funky bunch of certified partners that can work with you on creating typeforms HERE.

Hey Markymark!

Yep, you can do this in the advanced logic settings under “branching and calculations.” 

I made a quick demo to show you how to set the logic - > HERE

Essentially, you’ll set up the logic to do this:

• ADD # of cars to @price
  • Multiply @price by 100 (if the cost is $100 per car) 

This will begin tallying the cost under the @price variable which is added automatically when a payment question is added to the form. You can always recall info from a previous question or from your price variable to personalize the form for that particular user. Here’s more on recalling information.

Hope this helps!

This info is very helpful for me.Thanks