Answered

Is there a "Select All" button option (or a way to create one) for multiple choice questions?

• 24 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone! 

I lead a tech nonprofit and we allow our donors to pick and choose the causes they want to support.

We are switching over to TypeForm and I wanted to know if there is a built-in “Select All” button that I’m missing or a way to create one button that will instantly click all options.

Our workaround at the moment is Button Selection A below (“All Animal Causes”), but for our backend and data sorting, we then have to go and individually add each cause to each user because it shows up as “All Animal Causes” instead of a list of the 14 options.  

Any tips/suggestions? My only thought is to connect with Zapier and have them format the data.

Thank you all!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 April 2024, 19:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@whedrick - while there is no select all button, what you could do to ‘ease the pain’ of adding the values for each client, is use a custom variable and a logic rule to send the entire string of ‘all options’ in the variable to a connected spreadsheet. 

if you do that, set the variable by default to the long string and a logic rule along the lines of this:

• if q1 = A and (B or C or….o) then replace variable with (the word) ‘blank’

in Google Sheets you can use the split() function to parse the long string into separate columns for the user record. Excel has a similar function but i am drawing a blank on it at moment. 

just a thought

des

Hey John - excellent recommendation, thanks for sending that over!