Answered

Legal Consent on Same Page as Contact Info

• 14 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Having multiple fields of Contact Info was a great addition by Typeform. But what about the legal consent?

I understand the design of having single questions on each page, and how it increases engagement, so please, if Typeform staff is responding, don’t feed me that.

But it makes a lot of sense for those of us asking people to “opt in” and consent to having emails sent, to have some sort of “consent” field in addition to Contact Info.

Currently I do it two ways, neither of which are ideal:

1. Ask for consent in a separate question 
  2. Add a statement to the Contact Info form, that says something to the tone of “By providing your contact information, you consent to receive emails….”

What would be IDEAL is having the contact info fields, and below that, a required tickbox that allows them to consent. What’s funny, is Typeform, you use this on your own contact form (see attached screengrab). How did you do it, and why isn’t that an option for users?

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 September 2023, 00:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith Thanks for stopping by the community! While we don’t have the option to have multiple questions per page, you could use a question group to have the contact information and legal questions underneath one section. 

As for the form you’re seeing on our website, that isn’t a typeform but rather a form that connects directly to our ticketing system. 

Badge +1

Hi @hbeckwith Thanks for stopping by the community! While we don’t have the option to have multiple questions per page, you could use a question group to have the contact information and legal questions underneath one section. 

As for the form you’re seeing on our website, that isn’t a typeform but rather a form that connects directly to our ticketing system. 

@Liz I played around with this Question Group idea, and it adds an additional window to get through, on top of the two questions being asked (contact info + consent) which defeats the purpose of simplifying.

Unless there is something I am missing about how a Question Group works, it appears that it will not compile questions on to one page, but rather just creates a section or category for questions (and adds an additional click requirement when announcing the group).

Trying to simplify - put the Contact info on one page with consent at the bottom. It does not sound like that’s an option. Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith What you’re experiencing with the question group is the correct behavior. We do not have a feature that would allow you to add more than one question on a page at a time. 

Any news on this one?
We also need something like other forms have: a simple checkbox that allows them to consent to our privacy policy. 

Now I add a checkbox field as a separate question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @exa-mkt I’m afraid not, but I definitely would suggest adding in the legal question to ensure they consent to your privacy policy. 

Hi, 

I have the same problem here. It’s a legal requirement to include a checkbox for user legal consent in the same page where we are asking for their personal info (in my case only email).

How can I achieve that, please?

It should look similar to the screenshot shared by hbeckwith.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @adriana.ayalacerezo I’m afraid we don’t have this feature in our product, but I can pass along the feedback. Which country are you located in that requires the checkbox specifically?