Skip to main content
Question

Letters on numbers showing even though it's disabled

This feature is turned off and is not visible in the ‘create’ tab but is showing in ‘share’ and on the live typeform. Any suggestions from the community? Thank you in advance.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eliotbind Thanks for stopping by! Have you published the changes to your form? If so, do you mind sending a screenshot of how you have this configured in the builder? Thanks in advance!

Hey @Liz! Thank you for replying. I can confirm the form is published, and the setting is turned off:

However this is how it looks in the ‘Share’ pane:

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Same problem here. It wasn't showing up in my form early last week, but now it is, even when the option is turned off. I've tried turning it on and off to republish, but it's still there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing that screenshot, @eliotbind ! @Rafael AgSUS and @eliotbind would both of you mind sending the URLs of your forms that have this issue? 

Hey @Liz. Thanks for following up - this issue looks to have been resolved now and i’m no longer seeing the letters with the setting disabled.

Letters on answers used to show on all choice & Yes/No questions, however and after the form editor crashed a couple times, the letters won’t show even after toggling them off and back on in the Settings menu.

The letters show in Preview mode, but not in Share and published version despite the keyboard shortcuts still working.

I’ve also tried duplicating the form and testing it with the new URL, same issue.

Is this a bug? This happened after I started using a custom variable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @eliotbind I’ve moved your post here where we have an existing conversation for this. Do you mind sharing the URL of the form that’s affected? 

Hi @Liz as you can see, the “Letters on answers” is enabled, and always has been since the beginning when they were showing.

But letters are not showing anymore:

For URL: 

We have the same problem. Letters are activated but are not showing on all our surveys. Some days ago everything worked fine. There must be something broken in the whole system. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it, @eliotbind ! @alabama @mattb are you still seeing the same issue? 

Hi @Liz , as of today, yes, letters still not showing. Form live now… Thank you in advance for fixing this quickly. The possibility to use the keyboard to fill in this form was one of the main reasons for choosing Typerform over Microsoft Forms (free for existing Microsoft 365 users).

Glad to hear it, @eliotbind ! @alabama @mattb are you still seeing the same issue? 

Yes the problem is still active, letters are still not showing if activated. Please fix this issue, thank you. 

I think the first “fix” caused this new problem. Before the fix everybody had letters, now nobody has letters. The function is broken. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming, @alabama ! I’m following the update on the fix for this, so as soon as I have more information on that, I’ll post so here! If you notice any other issues, please let us know. 

Hi @Liz ! Any luck finding a solution for this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mattb Thanks for following up! It looks like our developers released a fix for this. Do you mind letting me know if the same issue is showing for you? 

Hi @Liz ! Looks like they fixed it. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woohoo!! Glad to hear it, @mattb . Thanks for confirming!