Answered

Limit tickets available

• 9 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I’m wondering if there’s still no way to limit the number of seats available when selling tickets through Typeform?

I know I can close the form after a certain number of responses, but most people will be buying more than 1 ticket. That means that unless I monitor the form very closely (which is impossible,) I could easily oversell the event.

Is there no way around this? Seems like basic functionality if you’re selling tickets.

icon

Best answer by Harsh 12 June 2023, 12:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MerryBright Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid we don’t have a ticket selling feature, so closing the form would be your best bet. 

This post below also has some workarounds that might help: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @MerryBright,

To completely automate this whole process you would need to develop a script (running on the cloud using AWS etc using Python, PHP etc) so that Typeform can automatically call your script whenever your form is submitted via a Typeform webhook.  

Your script can then keep track on the number of tickets sold (which can be found by parsing out the form).

Once the total number of tickets sold is equal to the total number of tickets available, you can programmatically make the Typeform private via the Typeform API by setting the "is_public" field of your form to false

i.e users would no longer be able to access the Typeform and as a result can not purchase more tickets

FYI You can either hard code the  total number of tickets in your script itself or have it stored in an external database.