Answered

Long answer questions - Lag in typing?

• 8 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone!

We’ve got some feedback from various participants that there’s a lag in typing for the long answer responses which made it a bit frustrating to write. Has anyone experienced this and know how to improve it?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by soopi25 16 July 2021, 16:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @soopi25 Thanks for stopping by the community! Would you mind sharing the URL of the form (and if it’s embedded, that URL) so we can test this? Additionally, is there any particular device or browser this is occurring on? Thanks in advance!

I am having the same issue. Several clients (and myself when testing) have this issue. There is a 3 second lag from the time you start typing to when it actually appears on screen. I tried different browsers - same issue.

Link to form: https://x4u3s6zdh6r.typeform.com/to/l1V13kBK

Userlevel 1

@Mon8 I’ve reached out directly to Typeform and their developers are looking into it. I’ll post any advice or solutions they give me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Keep us posted on any solutions, @soopi25 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @soopi25. Happy Friday!

We'd love to know more about the resolution of your case. Do you mind sharing with us if it has been solved? =) We're looking forward to hearing good news! 

Userlevel 1

@Mariana @Liz @Mon8 The developers have just released a fix and when I test it, it’s now resolved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's awesome, @soopi25! Thank you very much for letting us know :grin:  

Have a great weekend!

Is anyone else still having this issue? Both short form and long form text boxes on one of my forms is laggy - there’s a delay in typing and it gets worse the further into the form you go. I reached out to support but they said everything looked fine and I shouldn’t be having any issues. We’ve tried multiple computers, browsers and networks. Any ideas?