Answered

Merging Form Results

• 27 May 2022
  • 1 reply

I would like to have a (for example) 40 question Form whereby the user fills in questions 1-20 in the first sitting… when that's been submitted and approved (by us), I’d like them to gain access to questions 21-40 in a second sitting, with all the results being visible to us as one overall “submission”.

Does Type form offer this level of control?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 27 May 2022, 23:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@HS_SocialCircle_Psycknology - welcome to the community

you could create 2 separate typeforms and when you send them the link to the second form, you would append their email address to the url so that it is available to a hidden field (call it email) in the second form. you could add any other unique identifier to the link url as well as long as you have the hidden field in the second form created

I would then Connect the first form with Google Sheets so that you capture all the data from the first form. 

I would connect the second form to “an existing sheet” - you would be asked to provide the url to the google sheet and the data from this second form would be added on a separate tab in the same sheet

then create a ‘reporting’ tab where you use the arrayformula functions to pull all the data from the first tab in and then using the email address in the fields of data, I would do a vlookup to find the associated data on the second tab and pull it into a consolidated record. 

I’ve used use approach for a number of clients to assemble the consolidated data record (one has 8 sheets that need to be connected) and then to merge with an output template to create a pdf and email to the user. 

hope that makes some sense.. but yes you can do it. 

des