Answered

Minor / Adult Birthdate Validation?

• 23 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am trying to use the logic tool to validate whether or not someone is a minor (under 18). Is it possible to do this and then if the answer is yes, jump to one question? And if no, jump to another question?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 23 February 2022, 15:36

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@cappleton - this may not be a perfect solution as it requires updating the “is before date” in the logic rule but this little example shows that there is sort of a workaround: 

i wish this was a dynamic data ie today() but this is something that could be updated (monthly??) and it would give you a general sense of if they are of age.. 

not perfect by any means .. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cappleton Did @john.desborough ‘s solution work for you? 

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough Thanks for this solution. Unfortunately it doesn’t work for the need as I would have to update the date in the logic daily, which just isn’t feasible. That said, I appreciate your sharing the idea.

We have an application form that requires the applicant to be 18 by 1/1/24. How can we create logic such that they will be taken to a “sorry you don’t qualify” page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @unlockherpotential I don’t believe we have a way to set this with logic jumps, but @john.desborough might possibly have an example of doing this? I can’t think of a way offhand. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @unlockherpotential 

try this little test

Thanks, John! And is it possible for the positive answer to take you to another question vs an end page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@unlockherpotential - yes . .. could  send ‘all other cases’ or  you would use another logic rule to send them to the appropriate question in the form. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @cappleton 

I know you asked this question nearly a year ago, but I though I would just put my answer out there for anyone else facing such a problem

As @john.desborough  rightly suggested you could create a logic rule to show your users a different screen based on the current date.

To avoid having to update the “before date” manually daily, you could programmatically update your Typeform’s logic jumps via the Typeform API.

You would need to setup a script somewhere on the cloud (AWS etc) which would run automatically everyday to update your Typeform’s logic jumps

A no-code tool like Zapier or Make could too be used to perform the above functionality (i.e update the Typeform’s logic jumps)

Check out the below link to understand better as to how programmatically update your Typeform’s logic jumps programmatically

https://www.typeform.com/developers/create/logic-jumps/

Hope this helps!