Answered

Multi-choice logic, branching

• 25 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have a logic bug in one of the pages of my form
There are 6 multiple-choice options a user can pick from A to F
If option F is picked then it needs to continue to a separate form, but if any other combination (including a scenario where F is included) it should advance to the next in-line question 
Are you able to help with this?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 30 August 2022, 14:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RickCARDO Cardano Happy Friday! It sounds like you need to setup a logic jump to redirect to URL a based on the response provided. This article here can walk you through setting that up! 😀

Hi Liz,

Nope I’m not looking to jump to any external URL’s..

I have a logic branch that isn’t performing the way that the logic has been set up in my TypeForm.
I need the line progress within my form to splint into two paths:

One path that is for Option (F) only and the the
2nd different path is if the user selects any other multi-choice any combination of the options (even if that includes F)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RickCARDO Cardano start your logic rules with something like this: 

• if q1 = F and q1 not equal A and q1 not equal B and q1 not equal C and q1 not equal D and q1 not equal E then goto path1 

that is the most restrictive option and should be the first rule .. it should give you the result..

des

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip, I have tried it, but it seems to have only fixed half of the problem

I’m now able to select “F” together with any other options “A to E” and it will proceed to Q“8” which it previously was not able to do, however if I select “F” only it still proceeds to go to Q”8” instead of Q”9”