Answered

Multi-select not working

• 4 August 2021
  • 9 replies

I’ve gotten some feedback on a survey that a few of the multi-select questions are sometimes forcing respondents to just choose one option. Any idea where this bug is coming from and how I might fix it?

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 August 2021, 17:13

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jennak Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing the URL to your typeform and also let us know which devices/browsers this is happening on? Thanks!

Hi @Liz , Here’s the link:

https://x4dy67d73z4.typeform.com/to/pVeOwyzx

and it’s been on desktop that the issues have occurred (as far as I’m aware)

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @jennak ! I tested this on Chrome, and I was able to get the multiple selection working. Do you happen to know which browsers this isn’t working on? 

Hi @Liz , there’s been a mix of Chrome and Safari users with the bug. Most of the issues have been with question #88 (core values), if that helps. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jennak Are there more than 100 questions on the form? If so, I would suggest breaking up the form into a few, as we’ve noticed forms that have a lot of questions and/or logic jumps can begin to slow down as the user progresses through. This will also help you collecting information along the way in case the respondent leaves the form without submitting it. 

Hi @Liz , Yeah, my form has around 100 questions. My concern about splitting it up is that it makes analyzing the data a lot more complicated or even impossible. If I want to compare responses to question 3 and question 87, for example (arbitrary numbers), and those questions are on different parts of the survey, I won’t be able to link the answers of the same respondents. I hope this makes sense! Thanks, Jenna

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jennak That definitely makes sense! The downside is that the larger the forms are, the more likely the slower the forms will load or experience issues. I’d definitely give the splitting up a try to see if this helps solve the issue. 

Hi. I ran into the same issue and solved it.

I had forgotten to check the “multiple selection on the right”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the insight, @Ludovic! It's very helpful! Did you take long to realize we offer the "multiple selection" on the right?