Answered

Multiple lines with Input for number?

Not sure how to explain or ask to including and image

Is there a way to do this. I have 4 categories with multiple lines of text/content. And I have the people enter a value between 1-10 on the tick line. Right now this is done manually but I would love for them to be able to submit it to me via a typeform. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 March 2021, 17:27

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @teripasto thanks for stopping by! I can’t quite see the screenshot, but I think you could add these through an opinion scale in a Typeform. In the opinion scale, they can give a value between 1-10, and if you want to add those values, you could use our calculator feature to do so. Would that work for you? :grinning:

Thanks the opinion scal would work but it would be really cumbersome

what I want is something that would be like all together in one place

Question 1

Category/Topic

item…………….place to enter value

item …………….place to enter value

Question 2

Category/Topic

item …………….place to enter value

IF each categoy could tally that would be great but I think I am pushing it with what I am asking

was trying to not use google sheets etc

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @teripasto The closes thing I can think of similar to what you have would be the numbers question. The short text would work, too, but I think the number question makes better sense since it would only accept a number (versus any other characters). 

For example, the number question would look something like this, but they would be asked one by one. 

Another option could be the matrix question in the new builder, which has a similar layout to what you’re looking for! It would appear something like this: 

Would either of these work for you? 

Oh the second one would work

how did you achieve that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @teripasto do you happen to have the new builder in your account? If so, you should be able to add it as a question type. If you’re not sure, feel free to send over a screenshot of your workspace and I can verify which builder you have!

@Liz I am not sure I have the new builder - when I log in it looks like it always has for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@teripasto - you have the new builder. 

you should have the matrix question type!

des

@john.desborough 

so it is called matrix question type? what am I looking for? thanks so much for everyone’s assistance

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@teripasto - your earlier question to @Liz was related to how she showed the (matrix) question. 

if you add a page or hover over the question type indicator in your current page (up and to the right of where your image showed the multiple choice question - ie click on the multiple choice ‘box’ and then change to matrix) you can select the matrix question type

here’s an image that shows what you should see when you scroll down the list of questions

select the matrix option and then you can create the row headings and the columns you need. 

be mindful that short row headings are best and that your users may have to scroll to the right on a mobile device to find all the columns you create. 

des