Answered

multiple payments options.

Hi, is it possible to have three options on the payment question? Say, £5, £10 and £15.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 11 May 2021, 18:00

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SionB - welcome to the community from a fellow user

No - unfortunately, not on the payment screen (as far as i have ever been able to make it do)

What I have done and know that others have done, is to present a question just prior to the payment screen that asks the user to select a payment option from the multiple choice list below, and passes that to the price variable to be used on the payment screen 

@Liz @Mariana - do you Typeformers extraordinaire have any other solutions that might work for this??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think that would be the easiest setup, @john.desborough ! :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SionB :raising_hand_tone3: Did @john.desborough ‘s solution work for you?

Hi @Liz, yes it did thankyou. Thanks @john.desborough .

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SionB - pleasure mine.. glad it worked.. 

cheers

I was not able to get this to work @john.desborough @Liz, Could some one help to walk me through it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ahuntjr - can you please show some screen shots or a video of the situation please and thanks? 

that will help us troubleshoot.. 

des

@john.desborough So I have typed in the multiple choice options, but once it gets to the payment option, it still shows $0.00 and does not populate the selected option. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ahuntjr Did you set the calculations for the multiple choice question so those values get added to the payment question? If so, could you send a screenshot of how the calculations are setup? 

Badge

Hi @Liz @john.desborough

Can you confirm how to link the multiple choice selection to populate how much will be charged to the credit card in the payment question? 

I can’t follow how to “set the calculations for the multiple choice question” that you mention above.

Cheers, Donal

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Donie B - the logic is basically this: 

Q5 = MC question: How much would you like to donate/pay? 

• a:$5
  • b:$10
  • c: $15

Logic rules are like this: 

• if q5 = a then add 5 to price (variable)
  • if q5 = b then add 10 to price (variable)
  • if q5 = c then add 15 to price (variable) 

now you have the price selected in the MC question passed into the price variable for the payment question. 

does that make sense??

des

Badge

Thanks Des,

I eventually figured it out. Didn’t realise there was an ‘add to’ function in the branching and calculations section. Copying a screenshot below for anyone else that struggles to find it.

Thanks a million!

DB

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Donie B - glad you got it working.. (remember this: what happens in Community, stays in community lol) 

thanks for sharing the result.. and keep spreading the good word!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woot!! Glad it’s working for you, @Donie B ! Thanks @john.desborough for the help. :grin: