Answered

Must click "OK" before moving to next question

• 3 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, is it possible for me to ensure people click OK first before it goes to next question?

icon

Best answer by Mariana 4 June 2021, 09:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Fyd Isa. Welcome to the Typeform Community =)

Depending on the question type you're using, once the answer is selected, the form will go to the next question automatically. However, the respondent can always move back to the previous question if they decide to change something. 

Do you mind sharing more details about your use case? That would be extremely helpful for us! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mariana ,

Hi @Fyd Isa. Welcome to the Typeform Community =)

Depending on the question type you're using, once the answer is selected, the form will go to the next question automatically. However, the respondent can always move back to the previous question if they decide to change something. 

Do you mind sharing more details about your use case? That would be extremely helpful for us! 

I’m going to do a survey, and I want the staff to really think about their answer before they move on to the next one. I know typeform features makes it easier for the users, as they dont have to click next, but sometimes, they just want to think and test a few times before they go to next question.

So I want to give them that option.

Is it possible for typeform to fix it?

I think this would be a great feature as it’s also possible that some users, especially users in older populations, might make an accidental selection and not know how to navigate back (black navigation tool isn’t obvious).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Fyd Isa and @kamja. Thanks so much for sharing this feedback! 

I agree it'd be a great feature to have. The team will keep improving the New Builder over the next months and I hope this is one of the things we'll include. 

Let us know if you have any other comments or suggestions. We're all ears =) 

When you include a fair amount of explanatory text on the Welcome screen I find that rather than being able to scroll down all the way, the form moves you onto the next question before I click OK, which means users don’t have a chance to read the info properly. I also can’t navigate as the back arrow doesn’t work between Q1 and the welcome screen.

Has this issue been addressed yet? We are also doing quizzes with some DEI content that we want the staff to really think about their answer before they move on to the next one. We are hoping they are able to select an option of a multiple choice question and have the opportunity to make sure they have thought about it and then hit NEXT QUESTION, rather than it automatically advancing to the next question.

+1 here - we don’t want people going back, because later questions can inform earlier ones, but we also don’t want people accidentally hitting the wrong option and changing their mind. Would be great to NOT automatically go to the next question