Answered

My form isn't emailing it's message to the email in the email field....what am I doing wrong?

• 7 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, I am trying to create a very simple form with a from name, to name and email, and a message. When people are done filling out the message I’d like the form to automatically email the message they typed to the email in the email field from question 2. I’ve tested it and I’ve never received any emails. What am I doing wrong to make the email field active and emailable? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 7 October 2021, 23:33

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BethBruss When editing the form, did you publish the changes so they’re live? If not, the notifications may not send if those changes haven’t been published. 

I did publish the form, but I think I have something set up wonky. It’s like it’s not connecting the form to the email field I added for someone to fill out. Here is my form if you wouldn’t mind taking a peek. https://0vl0havbwbj.typeform.com/to/qcHRiKjM

Liz, what are your thoughts? I’m trying to (hopefully) figure this out today for what I need to use it for live tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BethBruss Do you mind sending a screenshot of how you have notifications setup? That’ll help me look into this further! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BethBruss - it sounds like you are trying to use Typeform as an email/messaging app if i am reading this correctly. 

is this the type of thing that you are aiming at - example link

except that when they hit the submit key, it sends this message to the recipient??

am i getting this right?? 

If this is correct ie what you want, i don’t think there is any way to do this from within Typeform natively unless you are happy that the email that is delivered comes to the user from the notifications email sender at Typeform. 

try this alternate version of the above where i have added the info into a notification to respondent

you could pass this information to Google Sheets and use the Document Studio add-on to create the email to send .. but that would come from ‘your account’ 

des

Yes, what you have in your example link is what I’m looking for. So are you saying Typeform won’t do that? It seems like there’s got to be a solution for this somewhere since it’s such a simple thing though. Fill out these 3 fields and email it to someone. It’s like “send a nice note to someone.” Is it b/c it needs to be connected to an Outlook, etc? I wasn’t quite understanding what you meant in how to use Google Sheets for this. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@BethBruss - Typeform is not an email or messaging platform in that sense. 

that goes beyond the services currently offered by Typeform. 

in the second link, this is what the notifications to respondent looks like on my test:

if you use the Connect function for the Typeform, and use Google Sheets to capture the data, you can use an add-on for Google Sheets called Document Studio. 

It has an email option that you use to create a customized email - this is what it looks like when i set it up in a third test form:

it uses fields from the typeform passed into google sheets and fills the variables. 

try out this version of the form to see… 

here is the inbox email that i got when i filled it out

and here is the email itself 

give it a try