Answered

"Other" Option

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m trying to anchor the option of “I don’t know” at the bottom of a question that I’d like to randomize all the other responses for (to test if people are mostly choosing the first few because they’re overwhelmed by all the options). It doesn't seem this functionality is currently available, so as a workaround I wanted to use the “Other” option since that goes last by default and change the text under Messaging settings to I don't know.

My question is: Can I make it so the respondent is not prompted to type an answer if they select “Other” or is that non-negotiable?

P.s. It’d be really great if this functionality or randomizing while anchoring 1 or 2 responses was in the pipeline! 

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 September 2023, 16:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Feedback Labs Thanks for stopping by and sharing this! I’m afraid we don’t have either of these features available, but I can share this feedback with the product team. 

For the other option, instead of selecting the setting we have for multiple choice, could you manually type in that as an answer option? That way, they won’t be prompted to type in an answer. 

Badge

Hi Liz, thanks for getting back me! But I'm not sure I follow the second bit about manually typing instead of selecting the other setting. The reason we’re using other and renaming it is because we want an “I don't know” option to not be included in the the other randomized choices that we manually type in. Am I maybe missing something? Grateful for any further guidance/ explanation you can provide!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Feedback Labs Ah sorry for the confusion! I mean typing them in like this: 

instead of using the “other” setting feature. That should then automatically translate it for you.