Answered

outcome quiz: How to provide 4 scoring outcomes

• 18 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there- We have set up a relationship assessment quiz that asks 10 questions. The respondents can choose from 3 answers.

However, we want to offer 4 respondent outcome screens and emails, and the system seems to only allow for 3 possible scoring outcomes. Is it possible to have a 4th choice?

Choice a = 0 ; choice b = 1 and choice c = 2.

So the total points possible for the 10 question quiz is 20 points.

We want to show 4 possible outcomes:

0-8- In Crisis

9-13 - At Risk

14-17 Tune Up

18-20 Strong Outcome

Right now I only see the options to offer 3 outcome choices, not 4.

Is there a way to offer 4?

Also, is there a way to attach a file to be sent out to the respondent that relates to their outcome (e.g. an ‘in Crisis Detailed Explanation file with more explanation for the In Crisis respondents , an ‘At Risk Detailed Explanation file for those who got a score in the ‘at risk’  outcome category.

I see that zapier is recommended as a way to provide differentiated emails to respondents, but that there is an error message that shows when adding this integration ‘sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties’. Any news on when this could be fixed?

As a workaround, is it possible to provide a Google Drive Link in the outcome message that is active, and not just a string of text?

Please reply to admin@mariannegraffdigital.com since I am managing this for my client, DrCobb, the person on file. (Cc him too).

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 March 2021, 20:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mariannable - this is from a user

while the stock template gives you the three outcome choices, i had to address the same scenario of breaking the results into 4 possible endings, based on evaluating the ‘scores’ of the assessment. then providing the user the option to get a printed copy of the report (with some extra value in it). 

what i did was lay out the logic in the form but NOT using the outcome quiz. I created the logic flows, branching and calculations directly and then created the four possible outcome summaries (related to score segmentation) and funneled the user back into a single ‘want the report’ yes/no question. 

all the data is then dumped via a Connect integration into Google Sheets where i do some data transformations and, using an add-in for Google Sheets called Document Studio, I merge the data into a report template and send back the customized pdf to the user. 

nice thing about the Document Studio add-in - you don’t have to merge any data into the file. you can simply have a completed file as a Google Doc and include the identified document into the email as an attachment. it is converted into pdf format on the fly and sent. 

hope this helps you understand that yes, it can be done.. 

des