Answered

Pet Name Generator

Do you think its possible to create a Pet Name generator through Typeform? I have a pet insurance client and would like to build them something exciting. and then at the end it fires off an email with the name generated? 

With typeform can you have your own URL? So in essence your own landing page created through Typeform?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 May 2022, 23:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! This is so cute, @NicLat ! @picsoung or @john.desborough have either of you seen a name generator example with typeform before? 

As for the URL, each plan has a different offering, but you can choose either from form.typeform.com or with a higher paid plan, you can remove the form portion of the URL and replace it with your own. One thing to note is that we’re not a landing page service, so if you want to have a general URL for folks to go to, it might be best to embed the typeform on your website

Thank you so much for the reply. I am almost certain I could create a pet name generator.

I am new to Typeform and already loving the potential of the platform!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i’ve not seen one in typeform BUT if you had a long list of potential pet names (scrape lists from somewhere like this site ), i would approach it this way: 

• q1 - pick gender: male, female, either
  • q2 - pick a letter of the alphabet 
  • q3 - pick a number between 1 and N (where N = the number of names you have in that section that start with the letter chosen in q2)
    • you would have to put in the logic rules that said that if q3 = 1 then replace name with “Bob” if q3 = 2 then replace name with “Bubba”
  • some thoughts:
    • I would make 26 individual typeforms personally, one for each letter of the alphabet, and do it that way.. to make the number of logic rules in each easier to manage - and pass the required elements into the form as hidden fields
      • one set for each gender and for both.. means 78 sub-forms but is now easier to manage and add to list as you collect more names 

that’s just me trying to do it all natively inside typeform without using any external calls … @picsoung make have a much easier method to invoke. lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, that’s a great idea, @john.desborough ! @NicLat Let us know if you end up making this form. I want to see what my future dog’s name would be! 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's a nice idea @NicLat!

Where would the list come from?
We don’t really have a way to do “random” in a typeform, so you have to build a deterministic path. Two people answering the same way will get the same answer.

You could use endings to showcase the result, and then redirect the user to your product, pre-filling the URL with their new pet’s name.

Following @john.desborough example you can make it more fun by putting categories like “plant or fruit vegetable”, “name origin: English, France, Spanish...”