Answered

Populating answer on one typeform from a previous typeform

• 27 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi all, 

I would like to run the following process, a potential client completes two questions on typeform one. 

The questions will be,

First Question will be First Name,

Second question will be Email.

This will then end the first typeform so we capture at least that level of data. At this point that data will be added to CRM to send email to client. CRM is “Brevo - Previously SendBlue”

Then we will redirect to second typeform wth following questions

First Question: Mobile

Second Question: Something else

Once these questions have been answered I want to merge the data on the CRM together i.e. now add the Mobile to the previous CRM entry. If I have as an answer the email address on both forms the CRM recognises that and merges them otherwise they sit as two seperate records in the CRM. 

Therefore from what I can see I need to pass as a hidden field from Typeform One to Typeform Two the email address ( I can do that ) and then populate the email question on Typeform Two so client just has to click to confirm its correct rather than re-entering it!!

Can I populate the email address question fro the email hidden field passed from Typeform One?

Thank you in anticapation of all your help. 

Michael

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 May 2023, 15:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael T Thanks for stopping by the community. 😁

Yes, you can do this. It sounds like you already know how to pass the information from one typeform to another, but just in case you need a little extra help, this article here will walk you through that. 

Then, all you need to do is recall the hidden field (the email hidden field, in this case) into the question in the second form confirming that the email address is correct. They’ll need to re-enter their email, as we can’t pre-populate the form. 

Hopefully this helps! 

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. Unfornutaley this does not solve the issue that I was trying to solve, as you have stated you can not recall the information via a hidden field and actually prepopulate a questions answer field and avoid the user having to re-enter their email address(or answer) again. 

as in question...

“Hi David can you confirm this is your email address?”

Answer then pre-populated with answer from form one so user can just choose yes or submit. 

I understand it can pre-populate the question but its the answer I am trying to pre-populate. 

It was the having to re-enter data I was trying to avoid. 

Many thanks for your help

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael T I’m afraid we don’t have the option to pre-populate the answer, so the solution above would be the best workaround for this. 

Hi Liz,

Thank you for confirming the work around, hopefully the ability to populate the answer will be available in the near future🙏. 

Regards

Michael

It’s completely ridiculous that your entire community is full of people requesting this and your team ignores this (very very obvious & basic) feature for years. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @quantum welcome to the community and thank you for your feedback. 

I’m sorry for the frustration, we have a lot of requests that come through and while we would love to add everything to the product it’s not always possible, or sometimes things take longer than expected.

I will pass your comments on to the team and we will post here if there are any updates in the future 🙏