Answered

Question add-ons or branching

• 5 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I want to add the option for multiple responses in a question. For example, when asked the name of the camper being registered, if the respondent has more than one child they wish to register, I want them to be able to do that without having to start a new registration for each child.

icon

Best answer by Grace 6 February 2024, 09:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bankole welcome to the community 😊

You should be able to do this with some logic. After they’ve added the first name of the camper you could follow up with another question asking if there are more names to register with logic branching from yes and no answers. Check out the Help Center article here for more info and let us know if you have any more questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bankole - if the article @Grace refers to is not clear enough, I’ve created a cheat sheet that goes through two methods of ‘registering multiple participants’ … you can find the details here

des

Hi @Bankole welcome to the community 😊

You should be able to do this with some logic. After they’ve added the first name of the camper you could follow up with another question asking if there are more names to register with logic branching from yes and no answers. Check out the Help Center article here for more info and let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you so much. I created the logic loop to return the respondent back to the first question if the they select “yes” and continue to the next question, if they select “no”. That part works perfectly. The problem is that when the respondent selects “yes” and returns to question #1, the form is still populated with the answers from the preceding set of answers and even if they clear them and input new answers each time through the loop, the form only records the last set of answers entered. In other words, if a respondent goes through the loop 4 times, the form will only record the answers from the 4th time through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bankole - you can’t loop back in the same form. you can create a series of question groups and set a maximum of how many folks you will register (ie 10) and match the number of registrants to the number of potential question groups

on the last question in each question group, if they say yes, go to the next group, otherwise go to the end/next page beyond the ‘add another’ logic. 

if you use a separate form, you can submit the form and on the ending page you can have the button read add another? 

des