Answered

Quiz results

• 1 February 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Just started using Typeform and have just finished setting up a quiz.

I would like for users to be able to review their right and wrong answers in one go after they have finished the quiz. Is this possible or can I only reveal the answer instantly after answering each question with a Logic Jump?

Thanks,

Oli

icon

Best answer by Mariana 2 February 2021, 14:07

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @oli.dorothy! Welcome to our Community! 🎉

Quizzes are so exciting! We're happy to hear you have finished setting up yours. :) The result of the quiz appears as an Ending/Thank you page, and it is not possible to add anything else after that.

Instead, you could add a statement with the information about the correct responses right before the Ending/Thank you page.

Do you think this would help? I truly hope so! 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mariana,

Thanks for getting back to me!

In regards to adding a statement with the answers on, would there be any way to make it bespoke to the answers the user has given? Or would it just have to be a list with the correct answers? Would there be a way to show them what the chose and whether it was right?

Sorry, I hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

Oli

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey Oli! :) 

I'd say you can add a statement such as:

Question 1: [Add the question here]
Your answer: @Recall information from Question 1
Correct answer: [Add the correct answer here]

Question 2: [Add the question here]
Your answer: @Recall information from Question 2

And so on...

In this case, it wouldn't be possible to tell the respondents if their answers are right or wrong, as you would be sharing their answers using the recall information feature. Still, they would be able to compare their answers vs the correct ones. Does it make sense to you? 

Userlevel 1

Yes, that’s a good solution! Thank you!

Can you recall multiple choice answers? And do you know if it would be possible to share images alongside the answers? The quiz uses images and gives the users a multiple choice option.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's, great! I'm happy it'll work for you, Oli 🤩

You are able to recall multiple choice answers, yes. We had a temporary glitch that was preventing the form to show all the answers selected from a multiple-choice question, but this has just been fixed! Woohoo!  

If you're using a picture choice and enable the multiple-choice option, the recall information won't show the images, but it'll display the label name of the options selected. For example, in this case, the recall information would show you "Mountain / People / Fly" when recalling. 

Please let me know if it's clear. We’re always happy to connect. 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Mariana,

That helps a lot thanks so much!

...one issue I am now running into is a difference in image position from Desktop and Mobile. When designing the quiz on my desktop it tells me the mobile version will looks nice and organised and visible like this:

...however when I come to view it on mobile the image in absolutely tiny and the text is all cut off like this:

Any help would be amazing,

Oli

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @oli.dorothy Are you seeing the same issue on the live version of the form? Or only on the preview within the typeform builder? 

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz,

I have just tried publishing it and it seems to be working now! I will let you know if I have any more trouble.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey Oli. That's great! Thanks for confirming 🤩 

Let us know there is anything else the Community team can do for you!

Hello!, new to Typeform and the community. Thank you for having me. I am looking for a way to use the:

Question 2: [Add the question here]
Your answer: @Recall information from Question 2

^ functions but after the quiz results have been submitted. At this time, we prefer the freeform navigation.

I have tried using them on an end page with no luck. I currently have 3 custom endings based on the score range that redirects to a Typeform with the correct answers. 

The feedback we are getting is that the user doesn’t know the questions they answered incorrectly to review. 

Can I use the recall information function on the answers typeform at each statement?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TrD - after the question, add a Statement block/question where you can show the result using @recall

that does it inline with the question (ie just after each question) or you can do this at end of a section of questions or just before going to the ending. 

des

Thank you @john.desborough! that is exactly the result I am looking for but AFTER the submit button. We are administering tests and logging scores. We want 1) to collect and log the numerical scores, then 2) for the respondents to be able to see what they missed to review the concepts they misunderstood.

I see https://www.typeform.com/help/a/show-your-respondents-the-correct-answer-360052432831/ and would love for this to work after submit is clicked and before the endings - or AS the ending for an alternative.

I have tried adding ending “D” and it does pull the @recall but then I cannot route it to a secondary ending. Nor can I @recall from the answers typeform that endings A -C redirects respondents to.

Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

nope.. won’t work … the submit button is what drives to the endings … the only way to do this before the submit is to use, as i mentioned, a statement page prior to the submit.. 

@TrD - if you want to track the endings to which your respondents are sent, then you need to create a variable and store the ending in the variable for your reference .. something like this with a variable called v_ending

• if ‘points’ is less than 10 replace v_ending with “ending A” 
  • if points is greater than 10 and points is less than 20 replace v_ending with ‘ending B’

something like that

des

@john.desborough thank you thank you! Saved me a lot of time :)