Answered

Redirect a closed typeform to my website

• 15 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Let me explain the details: for the last 12 months the home page of my website redirected to a Typeform page in order to get some insights from my customers. Now I have closed the Typeform because I have all details I need and stopped redirecting my homepage to the Typeform.

The problem is that now, when my users type the name of my website in Google, the first link available is the closed Typeform.

I guess Google got used to see this Typeform for 12 months and considered it as the most relevant page to present when users type the name of my website. My website being sent in the second page of Google results.

Which is a huge problem because many people type the name of my product in Google and can't find me anymore.

Is there a way to just redirect this typeform to the URL of my website’s homepage (ideally as a permanent redirect)? I don't need to reopen the typeform at all nor do I need to collect additional responses.

Thanks in advance for your help,

John

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 December 2021, 12:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @John789 Happy Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by the community. You’ll need to turn off indexing to stop Google from listing the page. You can do this by turning off the setting as shown below: 

Let me know if you have any trouble finding this setting!

Thanks a lot for your answer @Liz, this option is good know. :) 
However I am afraid that if I just ask Google to stop indexing this page, it won’t understand that my initial homepage is the one to place higher in the search results.

If I put links to my homepage on the Typeform it will help Google give more importance to my homepage, but a direct permanent redirect when you open the Typeform would be much more powerful, but I understand it looks not feasible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @John789 Hm, it may be worth contacting Google directly to see if there is anything they can do to help remove the page from being indexed. The toggle above is the most we can currently help with, but let us know if you have any other questions!