Right to left languages תקשורת בשפת עברית

• 28 January 2021
  • 64 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello fellow community members! In addition to English, I will be communicating in Hebrew which is a right to left language. Does anyone have any experience doing this with Typeform? No reason to re-invent the wheel. 

Today’s is Tu b’Shvat - birthday of the fruit trees. :grapes: Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and delicious new year! :apple:

James.Robinson 3 years ago

Hey Chaya, James here from the team. 

First of all, thanks for sharing that and happy, healthy and delicious new year to you, too! :apple:

To answer your question, for now I'm sorry to say we don't offer right-to-left support but as a potential workaround (though it's not ideal) you could use Photoshop (or similar), enter the RTL text there and save it as a .PNG with transparent background - then add this image to the question in your builder. 

Sorry for the limitation this time around but let's hope we will be able to make this easier to implement in your typeforms in the future!

View original

64 replies

Userlevel 3

First of all, thanks for sharing that and happy, healthy and delicious new year to you, too! :apple:

To answer your question, for now I'm sorry to say we don't offer right-to-left support but as a potential workaround (though it's not ideal) you could use Photoshop (or similar), enter the RTL text there and save it as a .PNG with transparent background - then add this image to the question in your builder. 

Sorry for the limitation this time around but let's hope we will be able to make this easier to implement in your typeforms in the future!

Badge +5

Hey James, would that workaround work with all questions types?

Happy Tu b’Shvat :tada:

Userlevel 3

Thank you @James.Robinson for responding and suggesting a work-around. It is already possible for me to write in Hebrew in Typeform using my keyboard. It would be helpful even for there to be an align right option (like there is here). That at least would work for single line entries. 

!כמו שיש פה

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ChayaBluma :smiley:  I asked the product team if they have any updates on this, as I know we have quite a few customers writing RTL. Hopefully I’ll have something I can share here by the end of the week at the latest. 

Userlevel 3

Wow, @Liz ! That would be terrific!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ChayaBluma . At the moment, this isn’t on the product roadmap, but the product manager is asking to see if this is something they will be adding anytime in the near future. As soon as I have updates, I’ll comment back here. :) 

Userlevel 3

@Liz I appreciate your getting back to me so quickly. Of course, I’ll be *even* happier to hear when it is possible :slight_smile:

Hello all, I am also looking to create a survey in Arabic. It sounds like this isn’t possible yet but I will keep my eyes open for updates. Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi!

following.

@Liz I’m happy to get updated when Hebrew is supported.

Best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks all! I don’t have any updates currently, but as soon as I do, I’ll post them here. :grinning:

Hi @Liz,

I’m also having the same issues and hardship with RTL audience (Hebrew) - I would really appreciate a solution (mainly as RTL support is so common in other platforms and applications).

Thanks,

Shaul

Hello, following this threat since we also would like to have support with RTL. 

Totally agree! It is VERY complicated/almost impossible to create a form in Arabic.

Please, make it sooooooon :pray_tone3:

Hey, we also want to use RTL and Hebrew correctly, css supports it by default so I’m sure it should be very easy to be supported on such a global platform like Typeform.

Tnx!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep, also need RTL for Pashto and Dari! Would be great if this were possible - currently it’s possible to paste the text into the questions, but it causes issues for multiline, etc. Would also be great if the opinion scale could be reversed to match RTL as well!

hi, any updates on the RTL “challenge” ?

i’m also seeking for a solution that supports Hebrew RTL layout.

thanks.

ME TOO. RTL support will be amazining. I need it so much for a project in Hebrew.

I was wondering if  I could use typeform to create a survey in hebrew and it sounds like a no, unfortunately. Adding a RTL support is truly something you guys should take in account, I’m now looking for a different company to work with on this.. Your product is one of the best in the market. Make it global. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @reouven Thanks for dropping by and sharing your feedback. I agree with you, and I’ve shared this with our product team. As always, if there are any updates, I’ll let you know here!

i

Hi James/ Liz, I’m trying to implement this approach (write the text on a PNG image with transparent background), but typeform crops the image in order to adapt it to the device, so on my computer it is ok, but when I switch to tablet it doesn’t work well - some parts of the image are missing. 

I’ve followed the guidelines from this page: https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029258012-Image-sizes , and created images with the width that is outlined there (460px or 703px) but (1) it is not clear the height of the image (2) as mentioned, it doesn’t work well. 
Could you please elaborate how to prepare these images so it will be presented correctly on all devices?

thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz, I’m following up on this conversation for we are also in a need to create forms in Hebrew and make sure they are aligned from right to left and also support bi-directional (where English & Hebrew are in the same sentence).

I understand that this feature is not in your roadmap yet but I come here with an offer - We are based in  Israel and happen to be a full localization services company. And we specialize in right to left languages as Hebrew & Arabic and more.

So, if there is a way of a business collaboration, we’ll be happy to support you and make this effort as easy & agile as possible.

Looking forward hearing from you!

Omer Shani

We need rtl too :smiley:

Hey everyone, 

is there any update on RTL functionality? It is a huge blocker for us when creating content for our users in Israel :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Cristian Thanks for stopping by! It’s definitely on the radar, but I’m afraid it’s not on the roadmap anytime soon. If this changes, we’ll post it here. 

Hi @Liz, any updates about supporting RTL? I guess there are more people than you think waiting for this feature to be there. Your product is awesome, but frustrating when it comes to building RTL-based forms. Believe me, a lot of people are excited for the feature to be on your roadmap.