Answered

Score Question Groups

• 29 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I am trying to create a survey to identify gifting.  Here is how it works.  There are 12 gifts.  Questions 1, 13, 25, 37, etc. pertain to Gift #1.   Questions 2, 14, 26, 38, etc. pertain to Gift #2 and so on.   In the end, I want the survey to add up the points for each question group. 

So I want a score for Questions 1, 13, 25, 37, etc. and and a different score for Questions 2, 14, 26, 38, etc.

From there, I would be content with a list of scores.  However, the IDEAL would be that the highest scoring group would lead to an outcome.

I am new to Typeform, and I get the simple logic.  I think I get the advanced logic, except I don’t want them to jump questions.  I want them to answer all of the questions, and then have their scores be compared showing which gifts are the highest.   

Does anyone have advice?

I have the paid version of Typeform (but not the highest level).  It is the plan paid annually.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 29 March 2021, 23:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BethanyCCC thanks for stopping by! :) 

@john.desborough am I having a real Monday, or didn’t you post a solution you had for something similar to this in another thread? If so, I’m totally blanking on which one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @BethanyCCC thanks for stopping by! :) 

@john.desborough am I having a real Monday, or didn’t you post a solution you had for something similar to this in another thread? If so, I’m totally blanking on which one!

@Liz @BethanyCCC 

Liz - i do have a question group-oriented survey/assessment (several as a matter of fact) where I collect the ‘scores’ assigned to each question group into a ‘sub-total’-esque variable and then based on the total score (adding the subgroups together) i route folks to a specific ending. 

This one is a little different in that @BethanyCCC would have to first create the subtotal variables for each of the target endiings (v_ending_A, v_ending_B, etc) and then add the scores from each of the questions to the appropriate variable as the user walks through the survey. Then at the end, you would have to evaluate whether v_A (shortened the name for ease of use) is greater than v_B,C,D etc.. and then route to the ending with the largest score. 

This is a little demo that i put together in another similar case that is close to this… but not exhaustive.

there is another thread that talks about this as well that could solve the problem. 

hope it helps @BethanyCCC 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @john.desborough ! :grinning: