Answered

Score quiz with custom variables on exit

• 20 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Is there anyway to customize the exit page with summary or  any custom variable outputs or logic based on custom variables at least?  I only see options for regular survey questions and standard ‘score’ but no way to include the custom variables calculated?  I have about 5-10 custom variables and I’d like to drive output based on these values.

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 October 2021, 20:17

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cwe6279 yes, you can recall the custom variables you have setup in your form. :grinning:

All you have to do is add the @ button to begin recalling variables, including your custom ones, on the ending pages like this: 

Is this what you’re looking to do?

yes thanks !  that is a start, but what if I want to drive the text of this output based on any of those values?  Meaning “If the value of x is []” the print this [text] and so on…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @cwe6279 You can do this in logic jumps like below: 

You would just want to be sure that the custom variable you want to replace the text with is set as a ‘text’ field and not a numerical field. Otherwise, you won’t be able to replace the value with text. 

ok, so I think you mean it can be done in the body of the survey but the same is not possible on the outcome/exit section?   So if I wanted let’s say 6 different possible ending outcomes based on a score?  I see how I could add a decision above based on your tips but is it possible to have multiple possible ending summary /exit pages?

EDIT:  ok answered my own question finally… there is an option for multiple endings- thanks for bridging the gap!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haha yes, there is! Glad you found it, @cwe6279 . Let me know how it goes for you! Text variables are relatively new for us, so I’d love to see anything you create!

Hi Liz,

sent a DM with the URL, I did manage to get this in there but now the results page doesn’t seem to let me access to download, edit, etc responses.  Not sure if it is related to all the built in logic...

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @cwe6279 ! I’ll continue to respond in your thread here. :) If you haven’t already, can you try clearing the cache on your browser to see if that helps with the issue? 

that did it !  had to close  the browser and re-login ,

seems to be doing exactly what I’d like.  The only short term (in case I’m missing something) is I’d ask is there a way to “duplicate” instead of only the “create new” exit page from scratch?

thanks again!

EDIT: Also the feedback on features for the variables and logic I’d suggest:

1) it's great! I'd resigned myself to having to incorporate it into a web app but I noticed the new stuff mentioned in the forums and help and has gotten me 90% of the way there

2) would love some more robust font and layout customizing options on the exit/summary; that is still very limited

3) ideally instead of having multiple exit pages for what I would like to do is have more scripting like capability for case and if, then’s to show or hide certain fields or areas so that can all happen on a single exit summary page. This would let me write out something more prescriptive in a dynamic narrative form rather than copy the exit page over and over (incidentally which I also couldn't see as being possible, looks like you can only add new, not duplicate?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wahoo! Glad to hear that worked, @cwe6279 !

I wish there was a way to duplicate the endings, but we don’t have that option currently. I’ll share this feedback with product! 

As for the other items - thank you for those as well! The scripted one is really interesting. I’m tagging @picsoung mainly because I feel like this is something he would geek out over, too. (Though I doubt he has any solutions for this at the moment!)