Answered

Sending to a completely different landing page at the end of a survey based on the response

We’re having an issue with sending folks who complete our survey to a different page at the end of a survey. How can we send people to a different page at the end of a survey based on their answers. (logic jumps yes, but....) For example one person scores 5 and we want to send them to a completely different landing page, than the person who scores 32. How can this be accomplished?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 March 2021, 21:14

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@davisdeanne - from a user here. 

You can do this by creating different ending pages for the score ranges and routing people to those individual pages (with different urls behind the buttons) by using advanced logic branching and calculations. 

I have done this on a number of typeforms to date and it works a treat

des

Thanks for your reply John!

Another question - how can I redirect them to another page from the ending page - for example - with (ending page a) I want to send them to a landing page, with (ending page b) I want to send them to and application, with (ending page c) I want to redirect them to an intake form. How I can I accomplish different redirects for each ending page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@davisdeanne - on the ending page you have a button to display/click  - you can set the url target for the button on each of the separate ending pages ie if they end up on the ending for “vinyl records” send them to usedstereos.com, if they end up on ending page for “cds” send them to bobscdwarehouse.com.

or you can paste in the link in the text of the page and remove the button altogether 

des

Hello,

I am having an issue with this as well. I have created different endings and used the “Button Link” feature, but it doesn’t seem to be working when I test it out. I checked to see if my link was bad by replacing it with https://www.Facebook.com instead, but it doesn’t go there either. It redirects to a 404 page.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@myfirstcrypto - quick question: have you published the form yet? that would enable the links (or at least it should) 

just checkin’…. 

des

I’m having an issue where my URL is using variables from the type form to pass into Calendly. When I input the URL, Typeform tells me that the URL doesn’t look right (screenshot below). When I navigate away the link is removed from the ending I have set up.

Any advice here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ReBuy Engine - welcome to the community

first- if you see the message that the URL doesn’t look right, Typeform won’t save it.. that’s why it disappears when you navigate away. 

Have you tried using an appointment question? - that is linked to Calendly - see this article 

check it out first to see if that would solve your problem

I am certain that when the Typeformers return to the community in their morning they will have a better answer to your url building issue (i think i recall seeing somewhere that ‘stacking’ mulitple variables in the redirect might not work)

cheers

des

Thanks @john.desborough that’s what I figured on the disappearing link. I did try the Calendly plugin option but couldn’t figure out a way to direct the form to go to a different Calendly link based on the answer they gave in a question. Am I missing something in the logic building steps that would allow me to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ReBuy Engine - here’s an example of how i have done it - two logic branches based on question groups - each with a different appt question pointing to a different meeting

@john.desborough thanks! I found the branching logic section, this solves my problem. Would still be cool to be able to link through to the meeting form at an ending, so would love to know why that URL isn’t working properly.

Appreciate the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ReBuy Engine - cool. let’s hope the real experts in Typeform can comment on the link building and make it work somehow. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ReBuy Engine Do you mind trying to add “www” in your URL to see if that solves the issue? Hopefully an easy fix!