Answered

Shipping Address

Userlevel 1

I’m just getting started with typeform and hoping that one of you can assist. I am creating a lenghty order form for a custom product and need to collect the customers shipping address. Is there an easy ay to do so without have to ask for:

• Street Address
  • City
  • State
  • Zip

I assumed there would be an address component but I cannot find one.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 30 March 2021, 11:36

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @The Graphics Factory. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

While we don't have an address component, you can use a Question Group and add a question for each field you need, such as the street name, city, state and so on. =)  

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 1

Thank you. It felt so stupid to capture address information this way but I did it. Hopefully our clients will play along. Seems like such a basic component.

Userlevel 1

Thank you. It felt so stupid to capture address information this way but I did it. Hopefully our clients will play along. Seems like such a basic component.

We definitely need a “postal address” question with customisable fields to allow for use in US, UK, Europe or internationally! 

Userlevel 1

Seriously, how is there not an address field?! PLEASE add this to the product!

This would be super helpful for us, please add.

Please add this address feature!

Reason why we are not continuing with Typeform.
I gave it a chance but faced this issue..

Ridiculous not to have something like this done when your Community have been scream for it more than a year. Indicates Typeform’s respect to its users (the lack of it).

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

👋 What is the likelihood of an address question type coming any time soon?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any update on a shipping address component??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Wegs our product team is working on a contact block as we speak. 😀 Stay tuned!

Is it possible to do real-time address validation and address autocomplete with Smarty?

Smarty has a server-side API key that can be used for integrations but I’m not finding a solution in the developer’s documentation on how the integration can be done on Typeforms’s side, especially using the form field in which that validation needs to take place.

Many thanks :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DigiC I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions. 😀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there an estimated time frame for when you guys will be adding an address block? I really need this component.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Wegs Our contact information block is nearly complete….so wait just a bit longer and you may see an announcement soon. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you let us know why the address block is important to your use case? @Wegs 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Liz  Thank you for the update!

Any update on the address component? I see the new contact information block available, but it doesn’t seem to have an option for address details

Userlevel 2
Badge

@swproject where did you see the “contact information” block? I don’t see anything

@Wegs It’s an option for me when I click to add a new question. It shows “Contact Info” with a badge beside it that says “new”

@swproject @Wegs I don’t see it either. 

@Liz can you share anything about what the contact block will include? Outlining a new flow as we speak.

@Gabi Amaral I can add some color for why I need it.

I run a lead gen business. I need to know where my onboarding customer lives so I can match them with the best solution in their area.

As it currently stands, Typeform has been pretty clunky on that front. Not really useful. Are y’all actually planning on adding something or is it kind of a teaser at this point?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@swproject yeah I got nothin! lol...pretty odd!

Userlevel 2
Badge

May just need to be a bit more patient. Hopefully this gets done sooner than later. I desperately need this component...Filling out an address form should be simple, most of my testers don't even want to continuously press ENTER or SPACE BAR to separate their address details and some forget to enter in their zip code. I wont be able to fully launch and ship anything out until this feature is added. Please hurry typeform..lol😪

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Wegs and others: 

Often when Typeform rolls out new capabilities, it is done on a region by region basis.. 

I am seeing the ‘contact info’ block (see the image below) - you’ll note it does not include an ‘address’ block at this point. it’s a small step/improvement and hopefully a full ‘street address’ block will come soon as well. 

(note: i don’t anticipate that Typeform will be providing address/zip or postal code validation features when they do release the address block. That is too complicated to do and maintain on a global basis imho and there are probably many good biz opportunities for developers to create the integrations between various “national” products/sources of address validation and make them available)

the contact block.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Gabi Amaral - one of the things i noticed on the Contact Info block type: there is a ‘warning’ in the Builder that there are ‘limited integrations’ that will accept the input from the Contact Info block type: 

I just did a test and it did work for the Google Sheets integration - so that is working as well. Can we get the team to update the list of ‘available integrations’ to reflect that at some point?

very glad for this!!

des