Answered

Show description of choice when user selects it

Hello,

Is it possible to show a brief description under choice when the user selects it? For example, if I have the following choices:

1. A
  2. B
  3. C

When the user chooses C, is it possible to show preconfigured text under choice C / on the side of the page? This is very helpful if we were to show some additional information / feedback for that choice.  

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 May 2022, 17:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @poornima Happy Thursday! We don’t have an option to have text appear once a selection is made, but you could use a statement block to show additional information. The only downside to this solution would be that the respondent would have to navigate back and forth from the question. 

Hi there, 

I’d like to follow up on this. I saw one of the blog post mentioned calm.com used typeform for onboarding. 

They have this kind of page when answered certain question - show the option and some additional copy about that. How can I do the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @stchua 👋 This particular example doesn’t look like a typeform to me, however, as you say I know that Calm are users of Typeform. 

If you wanted to replicate this in typeform you could use a Multiple Choice question to ask the person how they are feeling and then have a series of options. They would then select one and you can use logic to display a relevant statement block with related information (as per @Liz ‘s suggestion).

Another tool that might be more effective is Formless, which is a new AI-driven tool from Typeform. It allows you to be more conversational, setting some criteria as to how you want it to ask questions and respond to inputs. Here’s an example, I just knocked up, but you can get a lot more advanced with it: https://formless.ai/c/M9R9w899DZNw

Hope this helps!