Answered

Simple Logic (Score quiz) AND Advanced Logic at the same time

• 15 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi, 

How can we assign points to all type of questions (dropdown, upload, short answer, etc...) and then redirect endings depending on people’s score ?

I have the impression that i can’t edit my quiz by Simple Logic (Score quiz) AND Advanced Logic at the same time. That’s weird because in this video tutorial they are doing it : https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051791392-Endings-

Do u have the solution ?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by vickioneill 16 March 2021, 10:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AGORA Monde - this is from a user

I had the same question when I started, especially the first time i watched that video. They said that these were the various options you have available to you to create the pathing to the endings, not that you could use them together (took me 3 views to figure that part out)

What i have come to realize and to have affirmed is that you can either have simple or advanced logic features but not both in the same form. 

The Advanced allows you to create and assign the scoring variables to questions and also gives you finer, more granular control over the logic flow, branching and calculations (than the Simple logic items). However, it does mean you have to do a little more planning and thinking through the flow, to create all the same logic and scoring calculations but, in my case, it is so much more capable to get the output i want to achieve in the survey. 

hope that helps a little 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AGORA Monde ,

If I’m understanding your request correct, I believe you can assign scores to various question types then based on the sum of those points direct them to a separate page. 

As @john.desborough mentions, it does require planning ahead of time - and it takes more time than you realize to create it (based on my experience). 

Here’s a quiz I created that gives you 1 of 3 different endings (movie title that represents where you are in your business) based on your responses. The score for various questions (not all) is what determines the movie title. 

https://www.vickioneill.com/movie-title-quiz

Is that what you’re wanting to do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there @AGORA Monde , 

Below are the screenshots I mentioned in our DM exchange (but couldn’t share images in DM):

1. I added a score to the questions:
  1. I added a logic jump to the question right before directing individuals to the appropriate page based on their score:

Here’s the visual map of the logic jump:

Let me know if this is helpful!! 😊

Can you also share how to reveal the user’s score in the thank you screen?  I have the calculation logic set up in advanced logic and entered @score in the text of my thank you screen but it does not show a number.  Just actually displays “Your score is @score.”  What am I doing wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kim you can using the recall feature! It sounds like you have it setup correctly, and the @score will change once the respondent begins filling out the form. You can test this by submitting a result to your form to ensure that the recalled variable adjusts accordingly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Kim I would have said the same thing as @Liz . You’re always in good hands with @Liz !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@vickioneill 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz