Answered

Stop the possibilty to write answer in a dropdown question

• 30 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi. When creating a question of the type “dropdown” its open up, in the survey, to “write or choose an alternative”. If i want to stop the possibility to write and force a choice in the dropdown. How can i do that?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 30 March 2022, 16:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Peder Thanks for stopping by! We don’t have this option available in our dropdown field. Do you happen to be referencing another field? 

Or do you happen to be referencing the ability to search through the dropdown like so? 

One thing you can do in the meantime is set the question to required so your respondent has to submit a response in order to submit the form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Peder - i have seen several typeforms with long drop downs (ie country lists) and using the ‘start typing’ feature helps to navigate through the drop down a little faster. 

if, for example, it is a list of states and i type in Ontario (a province) the system will respond with a message as below: 

Userlevel 1

Thx guys. Misunderstood the “write”-part of the input. Thought it was open for “free text answer”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not a problem, @Peder ! Glad this helped. Let us know if you have any other questions. 😁