Answered

Subscale scores and personalized feedback to participants

• 7 October 2021
  • 6 replies

I have a 64 question inventory (all lickert scale 1-10) measuring 21 subscales that I would like to calculate separately. How can I build subscale scores? I have no idea how to do this. 

And I also like to automize that every participants can get his personal results by e-mail after filling in the inventory. Is it possible to connect such an automation with Active Campaign?  

If not what might be other possibilities?

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 October 2021, 16:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jasmin Wow! Sounds like quite the form you have. 

You can utilize variables in your form to have different calculations. You can learn a bit more about how to use variables here, but essentially, you’d want to setup a different variable for each of the calculations you want to make. 

This article here gives an example of using multiple variables to calculate different items in an order, which is similar to the subscale setup you’re looking to create. 

Finally, as for sending the results, you could look into setting up the respondent notifications. Or, there is an integration built by Active Campaign you could use, which you could read more about here!

I hope all this information helps! Let me know if I can answer anything else or how this goes for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jasmin - in addition to what Liz has mentioned, you could also connect the form to Google Sheets and use a Google Doc/Slide merge template and an add-on like Document Studio to take the users’ input and create the merged output report, convert it to pdf and email it to the client. You can do this at the same time as you connect the form to AC. 

That way you are getting the custom report generated from the survey data AND the variables you use to calculate the subscales captured into the Google Sheet and using the capabilities of Google Sheets to do any manipulation of the data that is required outside of Typeform. 

in this scenario of mine, You can also set up the integration between Google Sheets and AC so that you can connect the output report link (the pdf file) to a field value that can be passed into AC. Note: i am not fully conversant with the details of the Google Sheet to AC integration and am relying on information from others and articles re AC that describe how this has been done. You would need to validate that separately 

hope that helps a bit.. 

des

Thanks @Liz ,  I’ll check all the information links. 

@john.desborough It might be enough to use Google Sheets if the respondents can get a personalized pdf report. Is it also possible to get personalized pdf sheets inside of typeform? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jasmin - you can try this link to see an example of where i did this. you will need to put in your email address to get a copy of the report. 

to generate the personalized reports inside typeform is not yet possible.. unless @Liz corrects me on that one.. 

Hi @Liz,  I have checked all the links, but couldn’t find any information about how to cluster different question scores to get subscale variables. I still wonder how to do that…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jasmin This article here can walk you through how to setup variables! 

From there, you’ll want to use logic jumps to assign scores to the variables like this: 

Let me know if you have any troubles setting up the logic!