Survey Advice / Tips

• 6 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am hoping to offer vouchers to boost response rates for survey being created for Direct Line Tradespeople.Would love if anyone could let me know their opinion on a couple of questions I have: 

• What are your thoughts on entering customers into a prize drawer instead of giving a voucher for each completed survey? Do you have any insights to inform the best approach?

• Are you able to support with T&Cs copy?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by the community, @bella.moore !

@paul @john.desborough @vickioneill @Paulo if any of you happen to have experience with forms like this, that would be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there @bella.moore and @Liz !! Happy Wednesday!!

I do not have any experience with a form like that. What is the goal of the survey, @bella.moore ? Are you trying to increase engagement, upsell, increase retention? 

I’ll see how I might be able to help however I can - thanks!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @vickioneill 

The purpose of the survey is to increase engagement!! 

Does this help more?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo or @vickioneill  if you happen to have any great ideas, let us know! :grin:

Hi @bella.moore! I don’t have much experience in this kind of survey, but one thing I can share from what I've done is:

1. If your goal is to increase engagement and you don't need the answers to be reliable, so the voucher/draw approach would work fine. Now, which option would generate best engagement depends a lot on the mindset of the target audience, it's more of a cultural thing. For example, people here in Japan tends to respond better with the voucher approach (My effort would be rewarded no matter what!) than the draw approach (I'm sure I'm not going to be drawn anyway!). Opposed to that, in Brazil people tend to lean in the other side (It's worthy a try, it would be great if I win!), so I think it's important to know the target audience mindset before hand.

2. At least in my experience, using vouchers or draws made people respond less accurately, so I often got many responses, but they weren't accurate enough to help me make a good decision from the results.

Just my two cents. I hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo that’s a really interesting fact about what encourages people in different countries - never knew that. Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great perspective, @Paulo !

Another suggestion, @bella.moore , to increase engagement is to make the questions fun - knowing your audience helps with that. Create a teaser at the beginning so they want to finish it (there’s a surprise for you at the end!) THEN present at the end with the draw or voucher. You can encourage more participation by creating an opportunity to share the survey with others. It encourages your audience to become your marketers (if the survey was a good experience for them), ask them to tag or copy you (where you get to expand your social audience and reach) and encourage more participation by hitting a benchmark (if we receive 10,000 responses all participants get X). 

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the tag @Liz . I haven’t been on here much lately due to some other obligations now so happy to help when I can. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@vickioneill you should share your example of your fun form! :heart_eyes: