Skip to main content
Answered

Survey format advice

• 17 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi 

I am designing a survey to find out the training needs of multiple organisations.

Each organisation has recently employed x new staff.  For each new staff member we want to determine their training needs.  I was considering using a dropdown to select number of new employees, then use logic to jump to questions that ask about what training each indivdual requires.  Is there a way I can set up typeform to repeat the same questions based on how many staff the user enters?

For example if they enter 2 new staff I can get answers for new employee#1 and new employee#2, if they answer 5, the form automatically repeats the questions 5 times. 

Is this even possible? Or is there a less complicated method?

Thanks!

@VAADA - welcome to the community from a fellow user

you can’t repeat the same questions for each new employee: if you cycle someone back through the questions, the answers provided previously are deleted

this shows a simple single question ‘add to the list’  based on the number the user is asked to enter in the first question: i limit the response from 1-10 ‘additions’

• with the answer from the ‘how many question’, i add that number to a a variable called namecount
  • after entering the first name i subtract 1 from namecount and check to see if it is = 0, if it is i jump to the end, otherwise go to the next question
  • i have created 10 questions for the max number. 

this will repeat until the namecount variable is 0

you can do this with question groups as well but you should create a maximum number of identical q-groups that you want someone to enter at one time ie 10, then submit and start a next batch. at the end of each question group you would have to check the variable to see if the variable is =0 and exit 

hope this workaroundhelps

des

Thanks @john.desborough this might be my solution!

@VAADA - good luck.. come back if you have more questions AND to let us know how it worked out!

des