Answered

Text area visible when responding to a question

• 20 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, is it possible for the people that answers my long text questions in my typeform to see a box that shows how much they should write? I know that when you select a long text type of question, people can write many words, but i feel like they don’t have the reflex to write as many as i would like. If they would see a square that shows how much they need to answer for their responses to be complete, it would be great! I joined a picture to help visualize what i want : the red lines would be the box that shows how much i want people to write.

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 July 2023, 17:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Catherine Poulin Happy little Friday! We don’t have this feature, but this is an interesting suggestion. I’ll pass it along to the product team!

The only workaround I can think of would be to upload a background with the box added, though the downside would be making sure it fits on both desktop and mobile. 

Thank you for your fast answer @Liz ! When you say updload a background do you mean upload an image of a box? I tried uploading a framed picture of a box but i can’t move the image to put it around the area where people answers. I’m not really sure I understand what you mean by background...Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Catherine Poulin Yes, that’s essentially it! You would have to get really specific with the image and its measurements, which is a bit challenging. This might help with creating the image

If you go this route, I’d suggest using Canva and then popping a rectangular outline within that image to frame the question.