Answered

TypeForm Forced Cookie Consent over our form?!

Userlevel 1

Hey guys, how do i turn this forced cookie consent popover on our forms?

I cannot find an off button for this anywhere? 

icon

Best answer by Karine 10 March 2022, 12:40

View original

16 replies

I would like to know too. I’m seeing the same thing on my form. How do I turn it off?

Userlevel 1

I hope this is not forced! Going to hurt conversions

Looking at the same issue on mine. Other embed apps have the option to toggle off because it may already be asked on the site

This is going to be a deal breaker for us if we can’t remove it.

Yup, same issue. Need it removed

It would be nice to have an option to toggle this off. Very confusing since we already ask for this cookie consent. Also doesn’t look too great with the dark overlay when embedding as an iframe.

+1 to what has been said above. Please add support for toggling this off.

Same here. There needs to be a way to disable this please.

Just started my subscription and saw this on the first form I embedded...would never use a service that forces this horrid UX. Really hoping this is a bug?

Userlevel 2

Hello all,
I am Karine, the product manager responsible for Typeform's respondent experience.
First of all, I am very sorry that the cookie banner popped in your forms, we fixed the issue and it should be disabled now for all embedded forms. We are currently testing different versions of the cookie banner in forms to enable our creators to be cookie compliant - as this is a key feature to give more transparency to respondents regarding how their data is being tracked. The experiment will be live until Monday but not on embedded forms, sorry again for the inconvenience.

Karine you said this would be fixed a year ago.  It’s popped up on my website with the Typeform.  Do you know it is causing people not to click on the link to fill out the typeform!    We make the decision of how to  place and where this notice one our website.  This is a deal breaker of me.  I was going to upgrade by not if this was never resolved since las year.  

Userlevel 2

Hello @BreakTIme ,

Thanks for reaching out! I am sorry you are experiencing problems with our cookie banner.
Normally you should be able to toggle the cookie banner off your form if you don’t want it to pop-up in your form. Did you try it? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! We are currently having the problem that Facebook cannot track pixels if the cookie popup is not accepted on the site. We have therefore deactivated this in the forms. But now we have the problem that the custom conversions - FirsInteraction and Submit are not tracked. Urgent support please! More than 20 pages are affected!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Yea I apologise that this is giving you issues.

Reading back your response, can you clarify if you’ve disabled the Facebook integration or the Cookie Consent banner? I want to be sure the recent changes have not had any unintended consequences?

To clarify on the change in behaviour for the Integration:
We’ve recently updated the cookie consent functionality to give respondents the ability to set their preferences based on cookie type. This is not only to give Respondents more control on what cookies set but also improve our legal and compliance position where they are concerned.

Previously consent was implied, meaning we would assume the Respondent accepted third party cookies and we would load any/all integrations regardless of the respondent preference. This goes against cookie law in the EU, and consent must be given explicitly.

As the Facebook Pixel integration is owned by Facebook, can change at any time, and most importantly writes the _fbp cookie for Advertising/profiling reasons, we simply cannot load the integration until the Respondent has explicitly given consent for those types of cookies.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! So far we have linked all forms with the Facebook pixel and also created the custom conversions via the form. - TypeformFirstInteraction & -TypeformSubmit

But now the problem is that if the cookie banner on the site is ignored, the tracking doesn't work either. Our conversion goal on Facebook was Typeformfirstinteraction. We have optimized all campaigns to the TypeformFirstinteraction.

Attached is a screenshot of a sample page. Here the cookie consent (marked in green) is active. however, it is so small that everyone launches the form without accepting it.
If the cookie consent is ignored, Facebook cannot track any data (TypeformFirstinteraction) either.

We manage over 20 Facebook Business Manager accounts. The custom conversion "TypeformFirstInteraction" is set everywhere. And all accounts have no values ​​at all because they cannot be tracked. Please urgent support.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Yea  apologies for this, we’ve reverted the change and are going to review this internally. This should be working as expected again.