Answered

Unable to edit questions at random

• 1 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Anyone else having trouble editing some questions? I try to click on the preview on the right and it will not let me delete the placeholder text. I assume that is still the way to do it?

icon

Best answer by Mariana 2 February 2021, 13:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Chris_101. Welcome to the Community! 😃 We're glad to see your first post here. 

If you simply type your message, the placeholder text should disappear automatically. I've recorded a quick video showing how it would work. You can see it here.

Can you do the same on your end? =)

It works sometimes and then others it will not let me delete the text?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey Chris.

There is no need to delete the text. =) Once you start typing, your text will appear and the placeholder text will disappear automatically. Have you tried typing directly where the placeholder appears? What happens when you do?

I noticed the hyperlink I had sent wasn't working properly, so I'm sending it again: you can find the video here

Let me know how it goes! 

Yes it wasn’t letting me do that either, it won’t respond to normal typing or deleting. On this occasion I have logged in and out and it is working again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's great, Chris! 🥳 Can you confirm you were able to edit all the placeholder texts from your form? 

I'll be happy to hear everything is working as expected! =)

For now yes I can, thanks

Hey Chris.

There is no need to delete the text. =) Once you start typing, your text will appear and the placeholder text will disappear automatically. Have you tried typing directly where the placeholder appears? What happens when you do?

I noticed the hyperlink I had sent wasn't working properly, so I'm sending it again: you can find the video here

Let me know how it goes! 

I shall try this method.