Answered

UTM Parameter - Using one typeform for various clients

Hi Typeform community,

I know that it is possible to show in a typeform a certain content which I added to the typeform from the UTM Parameter URL. E.g. https://deinemitgliederverwaltung.typeform.com/to/xxxxxx?utm_source=clientA&utm_content=ContentA

But how can I add e.g. different GDPR conditions based on different clients?

What do I exactly need to know/learn?

• How to adjust an UTM Parameter Link, so that it is shown as a link in the typeform? (please take a look at the second screenshot “Datenschutzhinweise”)
  • How to put a link behind a word which came from the UTM Parameter URL?

For what do I need this?

I like to use a specific form for different clients so that I only need to adjust the clientsource utm parameter and the content utm parameter (different GDPR, Link and wording)

Looking forward for your help!
Thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 July 2022, 20:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bruno To-Vinh Happy Wednesday! It isn’t possible to change a hyperlink based on UTM parameters, but I would instead suggest showing a different question with the pertaining link based on the hidden field. 

Hi @Liz

thanks for your quick reply but that is not what I need. 

• I do not want to change a hyperlink based on UTM Parameters
  • I do want to change a specific content shown in the Typeform based on UTM Parameters and the Hyperlink

It is possible to show the Hyperlink UTM Parameter content in the Typeform. That is something I already have sucessfully tested. But how can I adjust the Hyperlink content, so that the content in the Typeform is shown like this:
“Content A blabla see this Hyperlink”.  My challenge here, is to adjust the Hyperlink UTM Parameter so that the work “Hyperlink” is linked in the Typeform to a specific URL Link.

Looking forward for your response. Hoping that this was a little bit clearer what I want to achieve.

Best
Bruno

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bruno To-Vinh You can still do this using logic jumps, but you’ll need to create all of the possibilities in your form and then show the one that is relevant. It isn’t possible to change the same question based on the parameters. 

You can read more about showing relevant questions using logic jumps here

Hey Liz,

wouldn’t that be some feature nice to approach for?

I do not want and cannot create all of the possibilities. What I am achieving with this is making it very scalable and flexible. Why?

If I do have a new client, I just adjust the URL and the content the way I need it to.

But thanks for your help.
This means I need to create a typeform for each client for my usecase.

​​​​​​​Thanks and best,

Bruno

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @Bruno To-Vinh . I can share this with the product team. 😁