Answered

Visitor survey - Android - how do I get it to restart after abandonment or at the end?

• 8 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi! 

I’ve seen a related question, but the answer that was given was for an iOS ecosystem, I have an Android. But I feel like OS might be irrelevant!

I have multiple visitors completing a survey on the same device.

After a survey has been abandoned, or at the end of the survey, I need the survey to refresh (or be refreshed) to allow the next person to submit their responses.

Is this possible? Perhaps a “Finish now and submit” button on every page?

Or is there another way of doing this?

icon

Best answer by ljevanspp 9 October 2023, 21:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ljevanspp I’m not too familiar with restarting if they abandon on an Android device, but @mathio might have some insight on this. 

Are you embedding the form? Or is it the direct link to the form? 

I'm having to used the URL "saved to homepage" on the tablet, so no it's not embedded. 

Any help would be much appreciated, I have sign off for the 10K responses version in theory but it hangs on this functionality....

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah ok got it! I know you can use the option to redirect once the form is completed - would that work? I sadly can’t think of a solution for automatically refreshing it on Android should they not complete the form. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @ljevanspp 

I think you might be looking for the “autosave progress” feature. You can find it when building your typeform in right hand column under settings (cogwheel icon):

If you turn off the switch the form will not be pre-filled with answers from previous session.

More details: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/enable-or-disable-autosave-progress-for-your-respondents-13064754462228/

Thanks guys! I will test this now! 

Thank you so much!

Louisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @ljevanspp !

Okay so YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS it worked. Thank you all so much for the advice!

I needed to pay for the subscription to enable URL redirect ending - I only did so because I didn’t really want to change out completely to another survey provider, but I did teeter as I would have preferred to be able to demonstrate it working fully to the budget holder. The back up would have been some sort of quick cancellation…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad that worked, @ljevanspp !

And totally get wanting to have tried it first - I’ll pass along that feedback to the product team.