Answered

What Vimeo settings are required to watch a video in Typeform?

Userlevel 2
Badge
Error message in Typeform

What Vimeo settings are required to watch a video in Typeform?

Has anyone else run into the error screen above? I keep running into it even after changing the privacy settings for my video. I can’t use the Public setting because this is a company-specific video and should not appear in search engines. 

I’ve tried changing the Vimeo privacy settings as outlined in the Vimeo privacy page here <link>. There are 5 different privacy setting options. Which ones can be played within Typeform? Please explain using the specific setting name from the Vimeo website.

icon

Best answer by Liz 4 May 2022, 16:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GWatBU The video must be public in order for the video to appear on the form. Otherwise, you’ll see the message above. We don’t have a workaround for this, but one option, instead of adding the video directly to the form, would be to hyperlink to the video instead. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks, @Liz. Some other people suggested using the “Unlisted” setting on Vimeo. Do you know if that would work or is “Public” the only setting that’s compatible with Typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GWatBU As long as the video is public and anyone with the link can access it, it should appear in Typeform.