Answered

Yes/no questions - ending logic

• 15 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, i need to create a quiz with a lot of yes/no questions. The Quiz should only be successful, if all questions are answered with “yes” (this should show Ending A)  If one ore more questions are answered with “no”, ending B should bes displayed (“fail”). How do i configure this?

icon

Best answer by mathio 17 November 2021, 10:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mathias Sounds like a challenging quiz ha! I would suggest building this using our outcome quiz setup. With this quiz, you can specify which answers lead to which ending. In this case, you would set all of the answers of ‘yes’ to one ending and all of the answers with ‘no’ to another ending. 

This article here can help you get started building an outcome quiz, and if you have any questions in the process, let us know!

I actually tried that, but it doesn´t work as expected. It seems, if most answers are yes, and only one is no, the outcome is still a success (A). What i need is that if there is even one single no, the outcome has to be a fail (B). Here is my example: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mathias - what you need to do is set up a logic rule in branching and calculation that says something like this:

• if q1 = yes AND q2=yes AND q3=yes… AND qn=yes Then jumpto ending A (for all yes’s) in all other cases go to ending B

@mathias - what you need to do is set up a logic rule in branching and calculation that says something like this:

• if q1 = yes AND q2=yes AND q3=yes… AND qn=yes Then jumpto ending A (for all yes’s) in all other cases go to ending B

Thanks. I was hoping for an easier way to set up, since we really have a LOT of questions. Anyway, this should work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mathias 

I think I might have found a solution to do this quickly. To create such a typeform faster you could:

1. create your first yes/no question
  2. in Logic → Branching and calculations for the first question set: 
    If “first question” is “No” Then Add 1 to @score variable
  3. copy the question as many times as you want and change question text - this will also copy logic for the score variable!
  4. in Logic → Branching and calculations for the last question click Add rule and set:
    if @score is greater than 0 Then Jump to “ending B”
    In ALL other cases jump to “ending A”

Hope this help 😜