Answered

Contact form question

• 29 April 2023
  • 5 replies

When selecting “Collect contact details on this step,” which Answer type should be selected? This is confusing, since the Select answer type dropdown doesn’t provide a “Contact” selection. 

Thanks for anyone that can help shed some light here. Not having luck with the help documents.

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 1 May 2023, 15:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Richard69 - it all depends on what you want to collect. 

you can use the Contact Info question type if you want to collect a bunch of information. If you need to simply ask for the email address, you an email question. 

it all depends on what you want to collect

you can use the contact info form and exclude some of the fields that you don’t want by clicking on the little ‘eye’ on the right hand side to hide the field. 

it basically comes down to what YOU want or need to collect. 

des

Des,

I greatly appreciate your answer. I’m collecting only name and email on the final step. However, as you can see in this screenshot, I have “Select contact details on this step,” selected. I’ve edited the contact form which you’ll see on the 2nd screenshot.

In both non-preview and preview, I see the Open Ended question, instead of the contact form. 

The “Select answer type,” dropdown menu on the 3rd screenshot provided 9 options to choose from. None of which are; “Contact Form.” What selection should I make in the “Select answer type,” dropdown menu, to ensure the contact form displays on this final step, instead of the Open Ended question?

Hopefully, you understand my confusion. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Richard69, thanks for reaching out with your question 🙂

Think of the contact form as an “in between” step. It’s not actually a step/answer type itself. Rather, it appears between the step you add it on and the next step in your videoask.

Does that help?

Hello @andrew_videoask 

Thanks for your reply, however your answer isn’t super clear. I believe you’re saying the quiz can’t technically “end” on the Contact Form? There needs to be either and end screen or URL redirect?

To give you additional context for your reply; based on your response to my post last week; https://bit.ly/3LzAPSP 

I plan on implementing your suggestion to add a redirect URL and append the URL parameters to send visitors to the appropriate product results page. Thus, the quiz will end on the Contact Form and redirect. However, your answer last week was great, yet I’m unclear how precisely we should add the specific answers to the URL parameters to the redirect URL to appropriate product results page. I’ve reviewed the following help post, but it doesn’t provide specifics for my use case; https://www.videoask.com/help/tracking/5488264356628-add-variables-to-a-url-redirect

Can you kindly provide additional details how to properly tie in specific answers to questions in the URL parameters to redirect to specific product results pages?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Richard69, that’s correct. You’ll want to use a URL redirect at the end of the videoask. This means that respondents will fill in their contact details, then they’ll be redirected to the appropriate product page based on their answers. 

As far as passing in the answer choices into the URL, you can do this by clicking into the URL field and typing the @ character. This will populate a dropdown list of answer variables for each question. This will let you create a URL that is personalized based on each respondent’s answer choices. 

However, you’ll still need to manually create the landing pages for each of these outcomes using your own website builder.