Answered

Download button

• 1 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I would like to create a Videoask where the user can download a different file at each step. I tried to use advanced logic and to create a button that redirects to an url (to a file in dropbox), but it should be opened in another window. Is there some syntax that would work to pass the blank window target? Or is it a functionality that doesn’t exist yet?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Grace 1 April 2022, 15:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @koxigru welcome to the community!

At the moment when you use the redirect function it will open in the same tab so you’ll then leave the videoask, opening a redirect in a new tab is on our feature request board so I’m going to add another +1 to the request.

In the meantime, you could add the link to the dropbox file in the overlay text of each step so a respondent has access to the file link without leaving the videoask. 

Hope that helps but let me know if you have more questions 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi Grace,

Thanks!

It seems that I can’t make any hyperlink, either in the overlay text or in the end screen, except if I just copy the url, which is a bit messy. So, yes, opening a redirect in a new tab would be a nice addition! Or allowing a small text above button(s), with the ability of adding links.

Have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @koxigru yep, hyperlinks for overlay text is also a current feature request! Will pass all this on to the product team for sure, thank you for your feedback 😊 Sometimes we use link shorteners to make link sharing a bit cleaner in the overlay text, but would definitely be awesome to be able to add links to the buttons! 

Have a great Friday!