Answered

How to still see the question while you are recording an audio answer on mobile/phone view?

Hi! I want my users to be able to see the questions while they are recording their answers. It works on desktop (folks can see the overlay text), but on mobile, the question screen disappears and only the recorder screen is viewable. Is there any way to make the question visible on the recording screen? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 24 June 2022, 17:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MelissaD

I’d say the best approach for respondents interacting on mobile is to use the Notes feature. This is a toggle they can enable that allows them to write any text they might need to jog their memory.

I understand this isn’t ideal for your use case, but it’s something you can encourage respondents to do if they need a little extra guidance. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MelissaD hope you had a good weekend!

Let us know if Andrew’s suggestion might be useful, it’s on our feature request board to be able to see the question in mobile view so I’m going to add another +1 to it 😊

That’s great! Thank you both! 

In similar fashion, I need to be able to PRE-FILL the notes overlay when I call the VideoAsk recorder in an iframe.  A parameter such “notes={text:5}” (as Gravityforms merge tag) would be awesome. It would look something like this…

<iframe src="https://www.videoask.com/xxxxxxxx#contact_name={user:display_name}" notes={text:5}; allow="camera *; microphone *; autoplay *; encrypted-media *; fullscreen *; display-capture *;" width="100%" height="600px" style="border: none; border-radius: 24px"></iframe>