Skip to main content
Question

Simplest Way Creating Testimonials

• 11 June 2024
  • 5 replies

New to VideoAsk. I have given a few free memberships to my course for family caregivers in exchange for a video testimonial if they found my course helpful. How can I accomplish this in the fewest steps possible? I just want them to send me a video review that I can then post on my website. I want it to be simple for them and simple for me.  Thank you,  Rick Henkin

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey Rick, 

The easiest option I feel would be to have the open ended category chosen (for the answer type) with only the video selection selected. 

On that note, I would suggest in your prompts that they upload a video that they record to get the best resolution. They will have the option to add a video previously recorded or through the application itself. The latter will be of lower resolution quality.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, Ash. That does help.  Most of my audience are seniors. Are there simple instructions I can give them to create and upload their own video?  Rick

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey Rick. No trouble. When you set up the video response option it will give some on screen prompts to assist automatically. But I would suggest adding an overlay of text to show up on the screen that helps instruct them what you want them to do. This could also be part of the spoken guidance on the video segment you would have produced. Here is an article on how to receive videos responses for your videoask - https://www.videoask.com/help/responses/9144941568788-how-to-accept-only-video-responses-to-your-videoask-or-only-audio-text

Thank you, Ash. I just had a thought- if all I want is a simple video testimonial that I can upload wherever, wouldn’t it just be easier to have them record their testimonial into their phone and just text it to me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Rick Henkin welcome to the community 😊

You certainly could do that, but a lot of people find the mirroring behaviour aspect of using VideoAsk useful in encouraging people to actually submit a video testimonial. So if they see you on video doing the thing you’re asking them to do, they feel more confident to do it themselves. 

Just in case you’re interested, we had a chat a while back with VideoAsk customers Justin DeMers and Sarah Tempte which you can watch here:

They talk about the best times to ask for a testimonial, how to make it easy on your client/customer and how to encourage them to overcome any fear of being on camera.