Community Movie Club

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was reading some of the topics in the Community and noticed that we don't have a space to talk about films and TV series! šŸ“½

Since one of my favorite things in the world is watching movies, I decided to create this thread. Last weekend, I watched King Richard and would definitely recommend it! I love movies that are based on true stories and also the ones that talk about sports (One of my favorites of all time is "The Blind Side").

Not sure what I'm in the mood for now, so I'm here to ask: What are your movie and TV program suggestions? šŸæ

138 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello all! So I watched threeĀ movies onĀ flights this week, but the one I really want to share is the one below! In college, I was OBSESSED with this YouTube series, and Iā€™m so sad I didnā€™t know that they made it into a movie (and that it was nominated for an Oscar!) until now.Ā 

If you havenā€™t seen the short videos, definitely go watch them!

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@LizĀ - iā€™ve heard good things about it and now i have to watch.. and i have a flight today lol

Ā 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh yeh @LizĀ I remember someone on the VideoAsk team talking about this a while back, Iā€™d never seen it before but looks so cute!

I just watched Guillermo del Toroā€™s Pinocchio on one of my flights, anyone seen that? It was really well done, I wasnā€™t a huge fan of Pinocchio as a kid but I enjoyed this one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desboroughĀ itā€™ll make you laugh on your flight, thatā€™s for sure!

@GraceĀ Iā€™ve been wanting to watch that! Iā€™m also not a big fan of the original story, but Iā€™ll add it to my list to watch this weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Get ready for a few tears @LizĀ I definitely got a bit choked up watching it!

Disney receives a lot of airtime when there is a 6-year-old in the home. Encanto, Luca, Turning Red (although since the mother is Chinese, the girl and mom can't watch it together, hehe), and Luca are all fantastic. All of the princess films have been rewatched at least once, and Moana has returned to the rotation (Netflix gave me a letter saying that we have now started that movie 750 times... sigh).Ā 

Netflix's Abominable is also excellent.Ā 

I'll be honest: I want more Mandalorian content. In my opinion, The Wheel of Time on Amazon has been well done if you enjoy science-fiction and fantasy literature and are a fan of Robert Jordan's writing.Ā 

Plenty of food, drink, and music-related documentaries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @brendarobersĀ looks like I picked the wrong day to cancel my Disney+ subscriptionĀ šŸ˜ WeĀ really liked Turning Red in our house, though I havenā€™t seen any of the other stuffĀ you mentioned (apart from Mandalorian, which I also want more of ā€“ I watched Obi Wan but was a tad underwhelmed).

Congrats on getting that letter from Netflix ā€“ 750 times is pretty darned impressive (and also a tiny bit scary šŸ™ˆ) !!!

Iā€™ve been tucking into Close Enough on Netflix this week, which is good for a chuckle (though not a cartoon for a six year-old!)

Thanks for sharing these recommendations!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@brendarobersĀ I heard the wheel of time is good!!! Maybe I need to start that this weekend.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@brendarobersĀ - glad you enjoyed the exact same shows as I did .. including copying the text from my post a year ago.. lol.. I hope you really did have the parallel experienceā€¦..those shows are good..

Ā 

@JamesĀ @LizĀ - sorry but I had to post the comment.. lol.. the content looked too familiar..

Ā 

desĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ahhhh hahaha @john.desboroughĀ - I canā€™t believe neither @LizĀ nor I twigged that it was a past version of you. Looking back now, the clues were definitely thereĀ šŸ˜ Iā€™m guessing youā€™re a fan of Kind Richard and The Blind Side too. If so, Iā€™m going to have to respectively ask that @brendarobersĀ suggests something original or weā€™ll be forced to employ a three-strikes and youā€™re out policy...

What a fantastic initiative to create a space for discussing films and TV series! šŸŽ¬ It's always a pleasure to connect with fellow movie enthusiasts.Ā As someone who thoroughly enjoys watching films like My Fault 2023,Ā I'm always on the lookout for thought-provoking and captivating stories on the big screen. 'My FaultĀ had me hooked from start to finish with its brilliant storytelling and exceptional performances.

Ā 

What a fantastic initiative to create a space for discussing films and TV series! šŸŽ¬ It's always a pleasure to connect with fellow movie enthusiasts.Ā As someone who thoroughly enjoys watching films like My Fault 2023,Ā I'm always on the lookout for thought-provoking and captivating stories on the big screen. 'My FaultĀ had me hooked from start to finish with its brilliant storytelling and exceptional performances.

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh thanks for the suggestion @devilar smithĀ Iā€™ve not seen that one. Do you have any other recommendations for Spanish movies?Ā 

I watched the new Little Mermaid on the plane to America recently, it was ok but I wasnā€™t a big fan of the additional songs haha!Ā 

I also started watching The Flat Share, I previously read the book and enjoyed it, didnā€™t realise they had made a series out of it! I have no idea how to watch the rest of it in Spain thoughĀ šŸ˜„

And just started the new series of The Great British Bake Off which I always enjoy but inevitably makes me want cake!

Anyone else watched anything good recently (sorry mine are very low brow suggestions there lol)