• 1 February 2022
  • 13 replies
Hack Together: Craft a viral testimonial video using APIs
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Developer Advocate @ Typeform
  • 348 replies

Hey folks,

As you may have seen in the events section of this community we have an upcoming Hack Together show this Thursday! 

Hack Together is our semi-regular livecoding event where we spend time showcasing innovative hacks using Typeform or VideoAsk.

This week I will be joined by Andrew from the VideoAsk team. If you have been using VideoAsk to collect testimonials from users, you might be interested to group them together and publish them on social platforms like Youtube, Twitter or Tiktok. But that means spending a good amount of time in a video editor tool tweaking and stitching everything together.

What if there was an automated way to do that?
Using APIs? 🤔

This is exactly what we will try to build during this stream.
Together we will stitch together video responses collected via VideoAsk to generate a video to post on social media.

✴️✴️ UPDATE (Feb 4 2022) This event has now taken place. Thanks to everyone who joined, it was great fun! If you missed it, you can watch the full recording below ✴️✴️

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@picsoung - i’m in! done

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow, that's very cool! I'm particularly interested in the tiktok part! Looking forward to that, @picsoung:wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is an awesome idea! Looking forward to seeing @picsoung and @andrew_videoask work their magic on this! :fireworks:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can’t wait for this one, guys! I once succeeded in sending videoask videos to YouTube using Zapier, but I remember it being quite limited and not the smoothest ride, so excited to see what’s possible using APIs :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Really enjoyed this @picsoung and @andrew_videoask thanks for setting it up, was very cool to follow the process, hope it’s going to be useful for those out their collecting feedback and testimonials! :rocket:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I really enjoyed it as well @picsoung and @andrew_videoask . Great job.. 

i can see this being used a lot 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Super cool stuff @picsoung @andrew_videoask :sunglasses: This has fired off in me all sorts of fanciful ideas of what else might be possible. I’m sure @Michaela is definitely gonna be digging this one too :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for watching the show, @Grace, @john.desborough, and @James. Excited to share more in the future!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you for watching, and participating in the videoask 🎉

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Thanks)
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you enjoy watching it, @Olgasolo? Are you already using VideoAsk? :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral )   Oh, thank you very much for the pleasant conversation) I'm still studying VideoAsk.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This got me so excited! I am totally stoked about this exceptional use case! Great job you guys:clap: :clap: :clap:

I love VideoAsk and I am happy to have learned about Shotstack.

It makes me so irrationally sentimental to see folks showcase all the cool stuff that can run on Integromat. I love that you take advantage of the advanced thingies there are like custom API calls, iterators and an array aggregators :nerd:

Also, you’re right that at this point Integromat processes one item at a time rather than in paralel. I heard some changes might be coming soon , though :blush: