Answered

Airtable/Typeform Integration

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi All - I wanted to know if it is possible to integrate two different typeforms into the same airtable base. We have different fields we want to have filled out by different audiences, but when trying to integrate the second typeform, the typeform window brings up the fields from the original form.

icon

Best answer by Paulo 2 April 2021, 04:00

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Silvia thanks for stopping by! I just tested this on my end to verify, and it is possible to connect two forms to the same base. If you’re setting this up and receiving errors when doing so, would you mind sending a screenshot of the error? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 2
Badge

thanks so much for looking into this. Here is a screenshot where I’m trying to sync up a form called “Kapor Capital Investor Form” and in the integration screen I am getting the fields from another form titled “Kapor Capital Founder Onboarding Form” that I have already synced to the airtable base. Any ideas as to how I get to see the fields for the second form I am trying to connect in the integrate screen?

Hi @Silvia I had a similar issue. Do you have two tables in you Airtable base, matching the fields from the forms? If so, after choose the base you will be asked to choose a table from that base. In my case, after a choose the right table it showed the correspondents fields.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much Paulo - I actually only have one table with all of the fields but I need to source inputs from different forms. Are you saying that in order for this to work I would need to have two separate tables? Or do you think it is possible to source data fields from the same table using two different typeforms? (e.g. to have one typeform fill out some of the data fields in the table and another typeform for the other fields in the same table)

To source data fields in the same table from two forms, there's two options that I'm aware of:

1. [Airtable free plan] You can use a middleman (like Zapier) to send data from multiple typeforms to one table. Typeform→Zapier→Airtable
    (In my personal experience this didn’t work well, because the free version of Zapier don’t let you resend data when sending fails, which occurred at least once a day. Maybe the paid version is better, but after reading lots of bad reviews I decided to dump Zapier for good.)  

2. [Airtable paid plans] You can use the Multi-source syncing feature to bring data from multiple tables in one single table. Is this case, you’ll need to send data from multiple typeforms to separate tables and sync both tables in one new table.

@Silvia I just found a new option. You can use automations to create a new record in a new table everytime a record is created in the source table and repeat the process across all tables you need to get data from. Maybe this post can help.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Paulo - first of all, thank you SO MUCH for all this information. You’ve been incredibly helpful as we try to resolve this workflow issue on our end. 

For Option 1, we have been using zappier but the process of linking the typeforms to the airtable is not working out properly. We have two typeforms, the first one with fields 1-10 and the second one with fields 10-20. Our end goal is for the answers from 1-20 to appear in one table in Airtable that has the 20 fields. We have no problem when we sync the first typeform with fields 1-10 to Airtable, but when we try to sync the second typeform with fields 10-20 to Airtable, the fields that appear in the “connect” section show up as fields 1-10 instead of 10-20 and that is what we haven’t been able to figure out a solution for. 

For option 2, we have a paid Airtable plan. When you say “multi-source syncing” feature is it because we can’t have data from two different typeforms into a single airtable? Why would we need to create multiple airtables instead of just having one with all our data?

We have all our data with the 20 fields in one AirTable and are looking to continue to populate it via two different type forms for each of the two sections of fields. 

If you have a table with 20 fields (matching exactly the typeform fields) you may be able to connect the first typeform to fields 1 to 10 and the second typeform to fields 11 to 20. I made a test base and linked two test typeforms to it, using the “connect” section in each typeform. The problem is, since we’re populating the base from differents typeforms, the answers appears as separated records.:point_down_tone3:

As far as I know, there’s no direct way to connect two typeforms to one single table. You can use Zappier, but I would not reccommend given the fact that Zapier is very unstable. That said, multi-sourc syncing or automations were the best options I could find. I’m using the automation way and it’s working pretty well.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow Paulo! thank you so so much for clarifying this. I’m going to try your different solutions with multi-source syncing or automations and will let you know how it goes!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Paulo, 

Today I created two separate tables in Airtable and began linking my first typeform to the first table which worked fine, but when I got to my second typeform to link to the second table I ran into the same issue I keep running over and over, which is that the connect screen where I match my fields shows me the fields from the first table instead of the fields from the second table. Not sure why this keep happening :(

Do you have access to check what is going on the back-end? 

Thanks, 
​​​​​​​Silvia 

Hi @Silvia,

I’m just an user that happened to had the same problem as you in the past, so I have no access to your typeforms or tables.

Please let me check a few points to understand better the issue:

1. Do you have two typeforms and two tables, right?
  2. The fields in the first table are exctly the same (forms and contents) fields as in your first typeform, and the fields in the second table are exactly the same as in your second typeform?
  3. You’re linking the first typeform from the “connect” section in your first table and using the “connect” section in your second typeform to link to your second table?
  4. When linking in the “connect” section can you see the following workflow:
    “Choose account” → “Choose a base” → “Choose a table” → “Choose a typeform question”?
Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow Paulo! You know so much about this I absolutely thought you worked in tech support!

1. Yes
  2. No.. some of the fields in my first table will be manually added, so they have no connection to the typeform fields.
  3. Yes
  4. Yes

Do you think the lack of consistency between airtable fields and the first typeform could be causing this issue?

If all the fields (fields type must be the same too) you want to link exists in the Airtable it would work. In my case, I have more than 20 others fields in the Airtable that I populate after the data from Typeform is sent and it’s working fine.

When you’re linking the fields in the connect section (Choose a typeform question → Choose an Airtable field) the second forms questions doens’t appear in the "Choose an Airtable field” even when you scroll all the way down? The fields aren’t always in the order we expect. In my case, the fields appears in random order and sometimes is tricky to find the field you want.