Answered

Automatic import of email in the form

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Dear Typeformer i need your help...I’m not so expert with typeform…

I’m building a landing page that requires a registration by e-mail at the beginning. Within this landing page I embed a (type)form and i need to have the e-mail used for registering as input in the form without asking to input it again. I need to know who is answering the form without asking two times the email (first during register phase and then again during form phase). Try to build an easy and seamless experience for the users.

Did anyone faced this situation? or can help me to find a solution?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ciao

Marco

icon

Best answer by mathio 19 April 2022, 16:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Futureberry 

you can use hidden field to pass email address to your typeform. On your landing page you can pass the hidden field to your embedded typeform:

1. you can retrieve the value yourself (eg. from the database or API endoint) and pass it to your form like this:
    data-tf-hidden=”email=user@example.com”
  2. or if you build a unique link in your email for each user like http://example.com/landing-page.html?email=user@example.com you can read the value directly from the URL like this:
    data-tf-transitive-search-params=”email” 

Both approaches assume you embed your tpyeform on your landing page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Futureberry! How are you doing today? Like Mathio said, you can do that using hidden fields.

I'd also like to let you know about a webinar that we hosted last week that might be interesting to you! It's about landing pages. Hope you enjoy it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Futureberry Did these solutions work for you? Let us know how it went!