Answered

Automatically add points from a Typeform quiz to a Google Sheets doc

Hi there,

We have created a quiz with multiple choice questions and are collecting both individual and group scores, per section (e.g. 5 questions in Finance, 5 questions in General Knowledge, etc).

My question is, whether there is a way to have the individual scores (e.g. 5/10 or just 5) automatically populate a Google Sheets file?

I've seen your video and can see that it works with 'written answers', but I would like to know if it also works with a scoring system/quiz?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 May 2022, 16:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mph1lly - i do this a lot in my assessment forms: i create a subtotal variable as the user answers questions and those variables are submitted to google sheets as part of the data package. 

des

@mph1lly - i do this a lot in my assessment forms: i create a subtotal variable as the user answers questions and those variables are submitted to google sheets as part of the data package. 

des

Thanks @john.desborough ,

I will need to investigate this. Do you have a link to a page or more details about how to create the subtotal variable?

Myles

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mph1lly - if you search the community or the typeform Help Hub you will find details but here are some bullet points below

• click on the Logic link on the upper right hand corner of your builder screen. 
  • click Advanced and then click Variables
  • create a variable and give it a name ie subtotal_one, set it to numeric (as opposed to text) then save it
  • now go to the Simple Logic tab and choose branching and calculation, 
    • scroll down to the first question where you are going to assign points
      • create a logic rule that says something like
        • if q1 = A then add 1 to subtotal_one
        • if qq1 =B then add 2 to subtotal_one.. 

repeat the assignment of values for all the questions to the subtotal variables that created and you should have the necessary info..

hope that helps get you started 

des

Amazing! Thank you so much @john.desborough 🚀