Answered

Based on external data meet conditions

• 8 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I have some design request that must meet some conditions based on sells to go in production. 

Lets say client 1 wants to apply to our premium design services.

So if client 1 have a turn over of more thank 5k per year then the job can be done.

Otherwise the job is canceled. 

I would like to make a condition where you input the client number - Lets say client number is “1”- and it checks in an excell (or similiar database) where i have the data of it’s turn over and if it is more thank 5k then you can procede with the form otherwise you get a message that the work can’t be done. 

Would it be possible with typeform?

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 November 2021, 21:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @acamposla Welcome to the community! It isn’t possible to connect your Typeform to an external data source, but this sounds like something you could use our logic jumps for. Would it at all be possible for you to use logic jumps to show a message accordingly? 

Hi liz,

Thanks for your reply.

It would be possible but the number of ifs would be too large!

In any case thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I see, @acamposla . If you think of any other questions, please let me know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@acamposla - from another potential way to do this: are your clients already in your CRM?

If they are AND you could go through the exercise to ‘tag’ them based on already meeting the 5k threshold, you COULD set this up to work using this conceptual process:

• create the tag in your crm system and apply to all clients that match the criteria ie ‘prem_design_yes”
  • create a typeform that has says “if you want to apply for our premium design service, please enter your email address here so that we can validate your client records” .. or something like that
    • pass a hidden field back to the crm from the typeform that can be applied to the client record (usually as a custom field) - call it, say, ‘prem_design_request’
    • on the ending page, tell the user to look in their inbox shortly for a message from you with information regarding the application process
  • in your crm’s automation sequence, set up an auto response email to go out to the user as follows: 
    • IF the client record has the ‘prem_design_yes’ tage (the 5k+ turnover requirement) AND has the ‘prem_design_request’ tag applied from the typeform submission, then send the email to the user with the link to complete the application form (append the email address to the link as a hidden field so that you can map the application data back to the user. 
    • if the client does not have the ‘_yes’ tag then have the CRM system send back an email saying that they don’t qualify 

That would work to handle the process as a workaround but it is not solely within Typeform. (i’m working with a winery client to implement a similar feature to access premium resources/wines)

des