Answered

Can't connect to mailchimp

• 24 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I created a 1 question survey to embed into my thank you page after people download content from my website. Given they already had to input their email to get my content, I don’t want to ask them again for their email.

When I try to connect my Typeform to MailChimp, I get a message saying I need to add an email question to my typeform so I can collect and send emails. But, like I said, people would already have had to input their email to download content AND to get to the Typeform. 

Is there a way around this?

Thank you,

Ana

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 May 2021, 16:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaBellyn Welcome to the community! Our integration requires the use of the email question in order to connect the form to Mailchimp. While we don’t have a workaround for this currently, you could instead connect your form to Mailchimp using Zapier or Integromat to pass the data. Would either of those options work for you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AnaBellyn - are you passing the email address from your website to the typeform via hidden field? 

if you are, then you will have the email address that you can then send to Mailchimp.. 

that might work as well. 

des

@Liz  @john.desborough  thank you both for your responses! I don’t want to pay for another app. Is there a creative way to use the email question from typeform? Currently, I have a form on my website that collects email addresses before people can download my lead generator. See below. Would I be able to create a typeform form that does the same thing? Is so, would I then be able to connect to mailchimp? After people fill out his form, then I want the thank you page to pop up with a single 1 question survey.

@john.desborough I tried hidden fields but, I would need to upgrade my subscription. I don’t want to do that until I know for sure this is a service I will use a lot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaBellyn you could certainly create two forms and tie them together! Would a solution like this be similar to what you’re looking for? 

@Liz I’m new to typeform and haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds like it. Are you suggesting the first form can be a lead gen form (With first name, last name, and email) and the second be the thank you page survey question?

Also, is it possible to create a form with multiple fields for people to fill out?

Ana

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AnaBellyn Yes, that’s exactly it!

As for multiple fields, are you thinking one field per page? If so, this isn’t something our forms currently offer because we’ve seen a higher response rate when the respondent is provided with one question at a time. Let me know if I misunderstood at all. :grinning: